Fashion 101 Content
“Best of” Content
Awards + Badges
Powered by Facebook Likes/Shares via oAuth
Created by Editors + UGC Reviews/Ratings
Editors Answer Tough Fashion Qs w/ Graphics
Awards Best Fashion via FB Photos/Tagging
Widgets for Users + Badges for
Stores/Brands that Earn High Ratings
Help Men Look Their Best
Store that Learns Based on What You + Your
31. Journalists who participate on the web are often far easier to connect with than those who
don’t. If you’re bootstrapping, use social sites to make your media contacts.
#1: Media Outreach for Launch(es)
Searching Quora (via Google)
Searching Twitter (via FollowerWonk)
32. By tagging people and clothing in photos, you alert both individuals and brands to your
presence on Facebook. To see the photo… They have to first “like” your page/brand!
#2: Event Photography + Facebook Tagging
33. Using some basic queries at sites like http://twitter.com http://quora.com
http://answers.yahoo.com, etc. can reveal huge direct marketing opportunities.
#3: Answer Burning Questions Socially
38. Hundreds of links and tens of thousands of visits are available if you use the right, “hot”
technology to build your site. Query e.g. http://www.google.com/search?q=html5+gallery
#8: CSS + HTML5 Gallery Submission
40. The process is simple, but the execution is hard. You need a data-driven but empathetic, high
quality writer to do outreach individually + personally.
#10: Store/Brand Outreach Campaign
Use a non-personalized, geo-
agnostic query like this, then
find smaller brands appearing
on page 3-100 of results.
Then find individual
shops/stores in major
markets by using the
location setter in
41. The primary goal of outreach should be to get your brand in that person’s head. Then, if you
execute well enough on the product side, you’ll earn links, tweets, shares, likes, etc. naturally.
#10: Ask Not What They Can Do For You…
Make this link a landing page
explaining value proposition for
contributors + retail stores.
42. 8 Tools for Measuring + Improving:
My recommended metrics + data tools for building a
repeatable, scalable process for Haberdashing.
48. Problem w/ video is it’s hard to measure engagement w/ traditional analytics that show only
pageviews. http://www.wistia.com fixes that in an elegant way.
#6: Wistia Video Analytics
49. If you use shortened URLs on Facebook + Twitter, http://bit.ly can help track and segment out
the portion of the traffic that’s direct vs. referral (but hidden due to desktop/mobile apps)
#7: Bit.ly PRO for Short URL Tracking