Md. Mujahid Islam
Md. Rafiqul Islam
Khaza Fahmida Akter
The bisection method in mathematics is
a root finding method which repeatedly bisects
an interval and then selects a subinterval in
which a root must lie for further processing.
It is a very simple and robust method, but it is
also relatively slow. Because of this, it is often
used to obtain a rough approximation to a
solution which is then used as a starting point
for more rapidly converging methods .The
method is also called the binary search method
or the dichotomy method.
Step 1: Choose two approximations A and B
(B>A) such that
Step 2: Evaluate the midpoint C of [A,B] given
• Step 3: If f(C)*f(B)<0 then rename B & C as A &
B. If not rename of C as B . Then apply the
formula of Step 2.
• Step 4:Stop evolution when the different of two
successive values of C obtained from Step 2 is
numerically less than E, the prescribed accuracy
Given that, f (x) = x2 - 2. Our task is finding the
root of this equation.
Let us start with an interval of length one: a0 = 1
and b1 = 2. Note that f (a0) = f(1) = - 1 < 0,
and f (b0) = f (2) = 2 > 0. Here are the first 20
applications of the bisection algorithm:
using namespace std;
#define ESP 0.0000001
#define f(x) x*x-2
• Here we define variable type & function type.
• Input two values which are lowest & height value
of the function .Then we pass it through
function for manipulation .
• Function return result until it’s condition fulfill.
• Finally we get result .
• Definition of Bisection method & Basic
information of Bisection method .
• Algorithm of Bisection method .
• Calculate of root by using by section method
with help of important example .
• Representing in programming Language .
Any Question ?
Please Give your suggestion or advice which is
very helpful to create a better presentation .