• WHAT IS A LEARNING ORGANIZATION?
• CORE AREAS
• CREATING A LEARNING ORGANIZATION
• A learning organization is the term given to a company that facilitates
the learning of its members and continuously transforms itself.
• This concept was coined through the work and research of Peter Senge
and his colleagues.
“A place where people continually expand their capacity to create the
results they truly desire, where new and expansive patterns of thinking are
nurtured, where collective aspirations are set free, where people are
continually learning to learn together.” – Peter Senge
NATURE OF LEARNING
A learning organization is one that:
• Seeks to create its own future.
• Assumes learning is an ongoing and creative process for its
• Develops, adapts and transforms itself in response to the needs
and aspirations of people, both inside and outside itself.
• Allows people at all levels, individually and collectively, to
continually increasing their capacity to produce results.
• New ideas and information.
• Strive to reduce structural, process and interpersonal barriers to
the sharing of information, ideas and knowledge.
• Encourage employees and encourage an environment to use
information, ideas and knowledge to achieve corporate goals.
CORE AREAS OF LEARNING
Senge discussed five core areas that need to be emphasized by any
organization that seeks to evolve into a learning organization. They
•Working in teams
LEVELS OF LEARNING
In order to create a learning organization, managers need to encourage
learning at 4 levels:-
CREATING A LEARNING
To create a learning organization the following is a must for an
• All employees from top management to the rank and file workers
must establish a commitment to change for bringing about changes
for improvements of the organizations.
• To accept change more readily formal boundaries between people
are to be eliminated.
• To adapt effectively, organizations should develop a culture of
openness and growth by fully incorporating employees into
challenges faced by the organization.
“Without learning the wise become foolish;
by learning, the foolish become wise.”