A state of equilibrium
A disruption of that order
The recognition of the disruption
An attempt to repair the disruption
A new equilibrium
first stage of Todorovs theory is a
state of equilibrium, this means that at the
beginning of each film there should be a
calm period where all seems normal or
balanced in some way.
is where something has been done
to change the normal equilibrium and
is where the main character would
find out what has caused the
stage is when the main characters
try their best to repair the disruption in
order to get the equilibrium back.
is when the disruption has finally
been sorted and a new equilibrium has
is a very good example of movie
that follows Todorovs theory very well
1. His daughter has planned a trip where she plans
to travel to many country's
2. Kidnappers break into her flat and take her
friend and would then take her.
3. The main character finds out the problem via
4. He uses his skills to track down her kidnappers
in order to get his daughter back no matter what
5. He saves her and she is reunited with her family.