AT THE ESTATE AGENT’S
This activity is a conversation between you and one of the
examiners. Make complete questions and answers, show
that you are interested in what the examiner says and
take active part in the conversation.If you are not sure
about what you have to do, ask the examiners before you
start the dialogue
You go to the state agent’s to rent a house for the summer. Look at the
following prompts and make the conversation
• Examiner: Good afternoon. Can I help you?
• You: Hello. Look for / house / summer
• You: I am looking for a house (to rent) for
• Examiner: : Well, we have some nice flats in
the centre of town
• You: Not interested / prefer / house / far /
• You: Well, I am not interested in a flat in the
city centre . I prefer a house far from the city
• Examiner: How big?
• You: 4 people.
• You: For four people.
• Examiner: : How many bedrooms would you
like the house to have?
• You: Three. You have / house / garden?
• You: We would like three bedrooms.Do you
have a house with a garden?
• Examiner: With a garden … No but I have a
nice two bedroom house with a patio.
• You: Can / take / dog?
• You: Can I take my dog with me?
• Examiner: Of course but it cannot get into the
• You: OK. How many / bathrooms?
• You: OK. How many bathrooms does the
house have?/ How many bathrooms are
there in the house?
• Examiner: It has two bathrooms, a kitchen and
• You: Price?
• You: How much does it cost?
• Examiner: How long do you want it for?
• You: Last week July / first week August.
• You: From the last week of July to the first
week of August
• Examiner: It’ll be 1000 euros
• You: Think / expensive. Can / have /
• You: : I think it is a bit expensive. Can I have a
• Examiner: You can’t, sorry
• You: Cheaper / June?
• You: Is it cheaper in June?
• Examiner: Of course it is. It’s only 800 euros
for a fortnight in June
• You: House free / 15th-30th June?
• You: Is the house free from the 15th to the
30th of June?
• Examiner: Yes, it is.
• You: Right. Rent / that date.
• You: All right. I’ll rent the house for those
days/on that date.
• Examiner: OK. Fill in this form and that’s it.
• You: (Give back form) here / are. Goodbye.
• You: (Give back form) Here you are.
• Examiner: Goodbye . Thank you.