INVITATION TO GO TO A
This activity is a conversation between you
and one of the examiners. Make complete
questions and answers , show that you are
interested in what the examiner says and
take active part in the conversation
You have received an invitation to go to a party. You are going to
ask the examiner for some information about it.
who you are
the reason you are phoning
when and what time the party is
where the party is
what to bring
bring some CDs
• INVITE .
your friend to your birthday party
• Date and time of the party
• Answer the examiner's questions
SAY who you are
You: Hello. This is Cristina . I am phoning
to ask you about the party./I am
phoning about the party.
• Examiner:Oh Hello Cristina. How are you?
What do you need to know?
Ask when and what time the party is
• YOU: I’m fine, thank you. When is the
• Examiner: It is next Friday
• YOU: And what time is the party?
• Examiner:At about 10.00 but you can be
here earlier if you have nothing to do.
• ASK where the party is
• YOU: Where is the party?
• Examiner: Oh! Do you remember my
aunt's house? She has a very nice garden
which she has kindly offered to me.
• ASK what to bring
• YOU: Perfect!!What do I need to bring?
What do you want me to bring to your
party?/What should I bring?
• Examiner: Oh you don't have to bring
anything . Thank you.
• SUGGEST bring some CDs
• YOU: Shall I bring some CDs? Why
don't I bring some CDs? What about
bringing some CDs?
• Examiner: It sounds perfect! You always
have the best music.
• INVITE your friend to your birthday
• YOU: Listen! Would you like to come to
my birthday party?
• Examiner: Oh , yes . Thank you. When is
your birthday party?
• YOU: It is ...... (9th August) (next
Saturday) , at … ( eight o'clock)
• Examiner : Perfect! Shall I bring
something to eat?
• YOU: ????
• Examiner: Right then. I'll bring ....... See
you on Friday.
• YOU:Bye. See you