SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES
You want to buy a pair of blue jeans and a Tshirt. You go to your favourite clothes shop.
Look at the following prompts and start the
• You: Hello! (Good morning/afternoon)
• Examiner: Good morning/afternoon. How can
I help you?
• You: Pair blue jeans
• You:I would like to buy a pair of blue jeans.
• Examiner:Are you looking for any brand in
particular: Levi’s, Lee, Calvin Klein…
• You:·Any brand / fine
• You:Any brand will be fine
• Examiner:What size do you usually wear?
• You:·Size 40 or 42 / Try both?
• You:I wear a 40 or a 42. Can I try on both
• Examiner:Sure. Here you are, a 40 and a 42.
• You:Where / changing room? (You go and try
• You:: Where are the changing rooms?
• Examiner:They are over there on the right.
Please call me if you need any help.
• Examiner: (After they have tried them on). Do
they fit you?
• You:· 40 small / 42 OK / Dark blue?
• You:Size 40 is a bit small but 42 is fine. Do you
have them in dark blue?
• Examiner:Yes, of course, we have them in
dark blue. Would you like anything else?
• You: T-shirt
• You:Yes, I would also like to buy a T-shirt
• Examiner:What colour were you thinking of?
• You:_____ or _____
• You:Light blue or red
• Examiner:I’m afraid we don’t have any in
those colours but I can show you lovely ones
in green, yellow and brown
• You: Not like/colours
• You: I’m afraid I don’t like these colours.
• Examiner:Would you like to have a look at
• You:Nothing else / How much?
• You:No, thank you. I don’t need anything else.
How much are the jeans?
• Examiner:They are $70
• You:Pay (give $100) and take change
• You:Here you are. ($100).
• Examiner:Here’s your change. ($30).
• You:Thank / Goodbye