Asking for Information about an exhibition- Role Play
ASKING FOR INFORMATION
ABOUT AN EXHIBITION
You phone The National Car Museum to
ask for information about this exhibition in
the advert below. Look at the following
prompts and make the conversation:
Don't miss our Vintage Car Exhibition
Next summer and for only a couple of weeks
you can see this fantastic exhibition with
cars brought from such distant places as
Kuwait and Dubai
• Examiner: The National Car Museum, how
can I help you?
• You: Hello ( or other greeting)
• You: Good morning
• Examiner: Good morning
• You:Like / information / car exhibition.
• You: I would like some information about
the car exhibition, please.
• Examiner: Sure, what would you like to
• You: When /start?
• You: When does it start?
• Examiner:The exhibition will be on from
14th to 30th July
• You: OK: Open/weekends?
• You: Ok and does it open at the
• Examiner:Well, lt is open on Saturday but
only on Sunday morning
• You: Closed/any weekdays?
• You: (I see) . Is it closed any weekdays?
• Examiner:The museum is closed on
Tuesdays so the exhibition will be closed,
• You: What time/ open/close?
• You: what time does it open and what time
does it close?
• Examiner:: It opens at 8.00 in the morning
and closes at six in the evening.
• You: Price/ tickets?
• You:How much do the tickets cost?/How
much are the tickets?
• Examiner: They are 5 dollars for adults
and three for children.
• You: Discount/groups?
• You: Are there any discounts for groups?
• Examiner: If you are more than 4 people
there is a 15%discount
• You: OK. Nearest underground station?
• You:Ok. What is the nearest underground
• Examiner: I’m afraid there isn’t a line
which gets near but bus 4 will leave you
right in front of the museum.
• You: Thanks/ information. Goodbye
• You: Thank for the information. Goodbye.
• Examiner: You’re welcome. Goodbye