BUYING A CD
This activity is a conversation between you and one of the examiners.
Make complete questions and answers, show that you are interested in
what the examiner says and take active part in the conversation.
If you are not sure about what you have to do, ask the examiners before
you start the dialogue.
You go to a music shop to buy
a CD. Look at the following
prompts and make the
• Examiner: Good afternoon.
• You: Hello. Like / buy / Lady Gaga /
• You: Hello. I would like to buy Lady
Gaga’s latest album
• Examiner: I’m sorry but somebody has just
bought the last one we had
• You: You have / Justin Beaver / latest
• You: Oh well, Do you have Justin
Beaver’s latest DVD?
• Examiner: Oh yes, we do have it.
• You: How much is it?
• Examiner: I’ll have a look… it’s 25,90
• You: Expensive. Can / have / discount?
• You: I’m afraid it is too expensive. Can I
have a discount?
• Examiner: Well, you can have the DVD
and his biography for only 30,90 euros.
That’s not expensive, is it?
• You: : Be OK / but / not interested /
• You: It is OK but I am not interested in
• Examiner: : His latest CD is much
cheaper, only 15,90 euros
• You: Have / CD. Also / like / earphones.
• You: Ok. I’ll have the CD.I would also
like some earphones.
• Examiner: Sure, we have these small ones
at 10 euros and these big ones at 22
• You: Prefer / big.
• You:I prefer the big ones
• Examiner: OK. Anything else?
• You: When / have / Lady Gaga / latest
• You: When will you have Lady Gaga’s
• Examiner: Hopefully by the end of the
• You: Right. Come back / Saturday.
• You:All right.I’ll come back on
• Examiner: Great
• You: Here / 50 euros.
• You: Here you are 50 euros.
• Examiner: And here is your change. Bye