MGF1100: Managerial Communication
• Group Project
• Due Week 10 during tutorial
• Worth 25%
– 10% Presentation 15% Essay
• 1,500 words
• 8 References (at least 6 Journal Articles)
(you can’t hand it in without 8 references)
• APA Referencing
You are a part of a team required to develop a communication
course to a multinational organisation - MicroMagnet.
MicroMagnet operates out of India. It has $50,000 budgeted for
Your Team comprises of 4 or 5 members. You operate out of
Melbourne Australia. As such, your team needs to be aware that
you are not geographically located in the same country as your
Part A - Presentation
Your team is to develop a creative media presentation to achieve
this task. Your team can focus on a particular topic within the
communication course. The media used could be YouTube,
Powerpoint, Prezi, Videos etc.
• Through the use of this media, you need to demonstrate to
your client what your course will entail.
• This presentation must fall between 8 - 10 minutes.
• As a team, you need to be innovative, creative and working
cohesively as a group to win the tender.
• All media presentation needs to be submitted with the
assignment. If you are using YouTube or Prezi, you can
submit the link to the site. Print out or link sent to my email is
Part A - Presentation
In Week 10, your team is required to provide a professional 10
minute overview of the
• the aim of the project;
• the reasons for your team's choice on the mode of delivery;
• what your team hoped to achieve through your method and
content of delivery;
Part B - Essay
Individually, you need to submit an essay on how effective your
• You need to reflect and apply communication theories or
concepts (in depth 1 or 2 topics). Discuss how they apply.
– Group leadership,
– Interpersonal conflict,
– Group problem solving,
– Group decision-making,
– Group roles, and
– Group creativity
• What have you learned from the experience?
• What, if anything, would you do differently in future in terms of
your own communication?
• How might others involved in the interaction have learned
from the experience?
Part C – Peer Review
• Peer review form submitted with your essay
• Gives me feedback on your group
• Did all members of your group participate equally?
• The feedback can be both positive and negative.
• All comments will be taken onboard when allocating grades to
• Marking Guides and Peer Evaluation Feedback form will be
available on the Moodle site.
What you need to submit
1) As a team:
a copy of your presentation;
all the minutes of the meetings held.
Your peer evaluation feedback form.