● Chief Architect at Lucid Software
● Used Subversion and Git since
● Graduated with B.S. from BYU in
● Developed software for the
– Network Security
– Social Gaming
Creating a Repo, Staging, and Committing
Creating, Staging, and Committing
● Git repos can be created anywhere.
● Only the staging area will be committed.
● Every commit is identified by an md5 hash
generated by git.
Log, Diff and Revert
● Reverting in Subversion is NOT the same as
reverting in Git. Reverting in Git is reversing a
● `git revert` will keep the bad commit in the
history. `git reset --hard` will not.
Tagging, Branching, and Checkout
● HEAD is the working directory.
● Everything happens on HEAD – committing,
merging, rebasing, cherry-picking, etc.
● Branching is easy. Use them for everything!
Lucid Software Inc
● Building the next generation of collaborative web
● VC funded, high growth, profitable
● Graduates from Harvard, MIT, Stanford
● Team has worked at Google, Amazon, Microsoft