Transcript of "The 7 Biggest Mistakes That Pharma Companies Make on LinkedIn"
@bstormdigital #PharmaLI uk.linkedin.com/in/brainstormdigital
The 7 Biggest Mistakes Pharma
Marketers Unwittingly Make on LinkedIn
Dr. Lucy Muñiz, Founder of Pharmaceutical and Health Marketing
Danny Bermant, Director of Brainstorm Digital
What You Discover Today!
• The 7 Biggest mistakes Pharma marketers unwittingly make
AND how you can avoid them
• Connect with the right people
• Your 3 key ways to generate new leads
• Create great content that attracts enquiries
• Achieve startling results, even on a small time investment
• And of course… time for your questions at the end
Your presenters today: Lucy Muñiz
"Multifaceted sales and marketing Professional"
•Business Development - Latin America & Caribbean
•Founder of PharmaMKT Group on LinkedIn.
•Putting your ideas into practice
•Helping other people to understand the region you
•Convert leads in long term clients
•Deliver a strong pipeline in time
•Create multi cultural teams that work
•Help clients to find the right solution
•Contact Lucy at ar.linkedin.com/in/luciamuniz
Your presenters today: Danny Bermant
“The Social Media Lead Generation Expert”
•Converts your social media followers into
•Strategy and plan of action to get you there
•Integrating social media with other
•Training and lead generation programmes
delivered in the UK and across the world
•Publications on social media best practice
•Speak at industry events and conferences
•Connect with Danny at
So what are the 7 biggest mistakes pharma
companies inadvertently make?
Treating your LinkedIn profile as a resume!
Pharma decision makers are using LinkedIn.
How about you?
Are you making use of LinkedIn’s advanced
search to pinpoint your leads?
Are you making use of influencers in your
network who can refer you to new clients?
Join our poll!
Are you using LinkedIn for lead generation?
• Yes, we regularly use LinkedIn for lead generation
• We occasionally attract leads through LinkedIn
• We’d like to attracts leads through LinkedIn, but have no idea
• We don’t use LinkedIn for lead generation
You can’t generate leads without content!
By regularly sharing engaging content, you
stay top of mind
Great content will help you convert your leads
For this to work you need a strategy & content
Don’t treat pharma regulations as an excuse for
not posting content
Join our poll!
Do you share content on LinkedIn?
• We don’t share content
• We occasionally share content
• We regularly share content but don’t have a strategy
• We have a content strategy for generating leads
Having a blank LinkedIn company page
Are you making use of status updates to inform
and educate clients?
LinkedIn have just introduced a showcase
feature to help you further educate clients
Join our poll!
Does your company have a LinkedIn page?
• No we don’t have a company page
• Yes we have a company page, but no updates
• We have a company page, with occasional updates
• We have a company page with regular updates
Not being active within LinkedIn Groups
Can you afford to ignore these stats?
• There are 2+ million groups & over 4,000 are pharma-related
• Hundreds of discussions are added every minute
• 8,000 new groups are created each week
• The average user is a member of 7 groups
• Those who participate in group discussions have 4x as many profile views
as those who aren’t part of groups.
• PharmaMkt has has 68,000+ members, over 10 new conversations daily
You can search for and directly message other
Group discussions are a great way of
discovering new opportunities