SlideShare a Scribd company logo
1 of 43
Download to read offline
Why	Can’t	We	All
Just	Get	Along Aligned?	
Catherine	Parsons	Dhamija	
Brad	Francis
When	meeting	with	your	
direct	reports	you	are	
reminded	how	busy	they	are,	
yet	they	often	miss	their	
most	important	targets.
Raise	your	hand	if…
You	receive	conflicting	
messages from	leaders,	
none	of	which	align	to	the	
organization’s	vision	or	
strategy
Raise	your	hand	if…
You	frequently	go	to	
meetings	where	there	is	no	
clear	agenda or	objective
and	there	are	no	clear	
outcomes
???
Raise	your	hand	if…
How	do	I	shift	my	team’s	mindset	from	
doing	to	leading;	moving	away	from	
firefighting	to	starting	to	be	proactive
How	do	I	empower	my	team	to	take	
ownership	over	outcomes	so	that	they	
stop	coming	back	to	me	for	input	on	every	
little	decision?
Why	is	it	that	no	matter	how	meetings,	
conference	calls,	or	off-sites	I	hold,	my	leadership	
team	continues	to	move	in	different	directions	?
The	most	important	projects
across	your	organization	are	
generally	delivered	on-time	
and	drive	business	case	
benefits
Raise	your	hand	if…
Candid	feedbackis	
embraced	within	your	
organization	and	is	
foundational in	how	your	
team	operates
Raise	your	hand	if…
Your	team	regularly	conducts	
checkpoints	on	how	the	team	
is	functioning -
essentially	at	the	same	rate	
you	checkpoint	on	financial	
and	project	results
Raise	your	hand	if…
How	do	I	shift	my	team’s	mindset	from	
doing	to	leading;	moving	away	from	
firefighting	to	starting	to	be	proactive
How	do	I	empower	my	team	to	take	
ownership	over	outcomes	so	that	they	
stop	coming	back	to	me	for	input	on	every	
little	decision?
Why	is	it	that	no	matter	how	meetings,	
conference	calls,	or	off-sites	I	hold,	my	leadership	
team	continues	to	move	in	different	directions	?
Closing	Slide
Buy-in	&
Commitment
How	do	I	shift	my	team’s	
mindset	from	firefighting	
to	being	proactive?
How	do	I	empower	
my	team	to	take	
ownership	over	
outcomes?
Why	does	my	team	leave	
conversations	and	continue	
to	move	in	different	
directions?
Aligned	Teams	
WIN
WHAT HOW
5	Pro-Tips
Commit	to	a	shared	perspective	
Clarify	how	teams	and	individuals	
contribute	to	the	big	picture	
Focus	on	outcomes rather	than	activities
Use	candor to	fuel	accountability
Put	in	the	hard	work;	effectiveness	does	
not	just	happen!
1
2
3
4
5
How	do	I	shift	my	team’s	mindset	from	
doing	to	leading;	moving	away	from	
firefighting	to	starting	to	be	proactive
How	do	I	empower	my	team	to	take	
ownership	over	outcomes	so	that	they	
stop	coming	back	to	me	for	input	on	every	
little	decision?
Why	is	it	that	no	matter	how	meetings,	
conference	calls,	or	off-sites	I	hold,	my	leadership	
team	continues	to	move	in	different	directions	?
Companies	are	
2x	more	likely	
to	reach	their	goals	when	all	levels	of	the	organization	are	
aligned	and	committed	to	success
Pustkowski,	R.,	Scott,	J.,	&	Tesvic,	J.,	(2014).	Why	Implementation	Matters.	McKinsey	&	Company.
5	Pro-Tips
Commit	to	a	shared	perspective	
Clarify	how	teams	and	individuals	
contribute	to	the	big	picture	
Focus	on	outcomes rather	than	activities
Use	candor to	fuel	accountability
Put	in	the	hard	work;	effectiveness	does	
not	just	happen!
1
2
3
4
5
How	do	I	shift	my	team’s	mindset	from	
doing	to	leading;	moving	away	from	
firefighting	to	starting	to	be	proactive
How	do	I	empower	my	team	to	take	
ownership	over	outcomes	so	that	they	
stop	coming	back	to	me	for	input	on	every	
little	decision?
Why	is	it	that	no	matter	how	meetings,	
conference	calls,	or	off-sites	I	hold,	my	leadership	
team	continues	to	move	in	different	directions	?
Closing	Slide
5	Pro-Tips
Commit	to	a	shared	perspective	
Clarify	how	teams	and	individuals	
contribute	to	the	big	picture	
Focus	on	outcomes rather	than	activities
Use	candor to	fuel	accountability
Put	in	the	hard	work;	effectiveness	does	
not	just	happen!
1
2
3
4
5
$37	billion	wasted
every	year	because	employees
do	not	fully	understand	their	jobs
Cognisco.,	(2008) $37	Billion:	Counting	the	Cost	of	Employee	Misunderstanding.	International	Data	Corporation
How	do	I	shift	my	team’s	mindset	from	
doing	to	leading;	moving	away	from	
firefighting	to	starting	to	be	proactive
How	do	I	empower	my	team	to	take	
ownership	over	outcomes	so	that	they	
stop	coming	back	to	me	for	input	on	every	
little	decision?
Why	is	it	that	no	matter	how	meetings,	
conference	calls,	or	off-sites	I	hold,	my	leadership	
team	continues	to	move	in	different	directions	?
Three	Sections	with	Icons
Subhead	goes	here
You	enter	your	first	meeting	and	recognize	that	there	is	no	clear	agenda,	there	are	
no	defined	objectives,	and	thus	there	are	no	clear	outcomes
5	Pro-Tips
Commit	to	a	shared	perspective	
Clarify	how	teams	and	individuals	
contribute	to	the	big	picture	
Focus	on	outcomes rather	than	activities
Use	candor to	fuel	accountability
Put	in	the	hard	work;	effectiveness	does	
not	just	happen!
1
2
3
4
5
3	Ways	to	Drive	the	Shift:
1. Every	meeting	needs	to	have	clear	
objectives and	an	agenda
2. Minimize	distractions coming	from	
the	left,	right,	and	center	
3. Give	people	the	ability	to	say	“NO”
How	do	I	shift	my	team’s	mindset	from	
doing	to	leading;	moving	away	from	
firefighting	to	starting	to	be	proactive
How	do	I	empower	my	team	to	take	
ownership	over	outcomes	so	that	they	
stop	coming	back	to	me	for	input	on	every	
little	decision?
Why	is	it	that	no	matter	how	meetings,	
conference	calls,	or	off-sites	I	hold,	my	leadership	
team	continues	to	move	in	different	directions	?
The	hallmark	of	a	healthy	creative	culture	
is	that	its	people	feel	free	to	share	ideas,	
opinions,	and	criticisms.	Lack	of	candor,	if	
unchecked,	ultimately	leads	to	
dysfunctional	environments
- Ed	Catmull,	President	of	Pixar
5	Pro-Tips
Commit	to	a	shared	perspective	
Clarify	how	teams	and	individuals	
contribute	to	the	big	picture	
Focus	on	outcomes rather	than	activities
Use	candor to	fuel	accountability
Put	in	the	hard	work;	effectiveness	does	
not	just	happen!
1
2
3
4
5
Closing	Slide
CANDOR
Creating	an	Environment	
Conducive	to	Candor
3. Reward	and	recognize	a	healthy	
challenge	of	ideas
2. Be	inquisitive rather	than	defensive	of	
ideas	in	direct	conflict	with	your	own
1. Invite	all	team	members	to	contribute
their	ideas	and	perspectives
How	do	I	shift	my	team’s	mindset	from	
doing	to	leading;	moving	away	from	
firefighting	to	starting	to	be	proactive
How	do	I	empower	my	team	to	take	
ownership	over	outcomes	so	that	they	
stop	coming	back	to	me	for	input	on	every	
little	decision?
Why	is	it	that	no	matter	how	meetings,	
conference	calls,	or	off-sites	I	hold,	my	leadership	
team	continues	to	move	in	different	directions	?
5	Pro-Tips
Commit	to	a	shared	perspective	
Clarify	how	teams	and	individuals	
contribute	to	the	big	picture	
Focus	on	outcomes rather	than	activities
Use	candor to	fuel	accountability
Put	in	the	hard	work;	effectiveness	does	
not	just	happen!
1
2
3
4
5
Closing	Slide
5	Pro-Tips
Commit	to	a	shared	perspective	
Clarify	how	teams	and	individuals	
contribute	to	the	big	picture	
Focus	on	outcomes rather	than	activities
Use	candor to	fuel	accountability
Put	in	the	hard	work;	effectiveness	does	
not	just	happen!
1
2
3
4
5
All	members	of	an	effective	team:
Articulate	the	organization’s	vision	and	direction	
clearly	and	consistently
Understand	how	what	they	do	fits	into	the	big	picture
Courageously	push	back	on	non-valued	add	activities	
Call	each	other	out	in	an	honest	yet	professional	manner
Dedicate	time	and	energy	to	team	improvements
1
2
3
4
5
Catherine	Parsons	Dhamija
Partner,	Managerial	Design™
Deloitte	Canada	
cparsonsdhamija@deloitte.ca
+1-416-775-7246	
Brad	Francis
Senior	Manager,	Managerial	Design™
Deloitte	Canada	
brfrancis@deloitte.ca
+1-416-643-8352

More Related Content

What's hot

How To Be A Good Manager
How To Be A Good ManagerHow To Be A Good Manager
How To Be A Good Manageraumashankar
 
Change and growth are critical
Change and growth are criticalChange and growth are critical
Change and growth are criticalWin Maung
 
Making a successful transition from individual contributor to manager nov. ...
Making a successful transition from individual contributor to manager   nov. ...Making a successful transition from individual contributor to manager   nov. ...
Making a successful transition from individual contributor to manager nov. ...michellebaker
 
A Leader's Roadmap to Getting Results
 A Leader's Roadmap to Getting Results A Leader's Roadmap to Getting Results
A Leader's Roadmap to Getting ResultsHilary Potts
 
Mentoring Slides
Mentoring SlidesMentoring Slides
Mentoring Slideshleemathews
 
Branding Statement
Branding StatementBranding Statement
Branding Statementsfbassett
 
Stepping in to the new Leadership Role
Stepping in to the new Leadership RoleStepping in to the new Leadership Role
Stepping in to the new Leadership RoleFrank Rzeznikiewicz
 
Stop losing your best talent! Mini case study
Stop losing your best talent!  Mini case studyStop losing your best talent!  Mini case study
Stop losing your best talent! Mini case studyHedda Bird
 
PI_RaymondTMcKenzie_102715
PI_RaymondTMcKenzie_102715PI_RaymondTMcKenzie_102715
PI_RaymondTMcKenzie_102715Ray McKenzie
 
Training Overview
Training OverviewTraining Overview
Training Overviewclambden
 
The effective manager
The effective managerThe effective manager
The effective managerMarvin Sissey
 
Supervision Leadership Series 2015
Supervision Leadership Series 2015Supervision Leadership Series 2015
Supervision Leadership Series 2015Sue Fitch
 
Agile Network India | Career Growth by Increasing your Impact, Influence and ...
Agile Network India | Career Growth by Increasing your Impact, Influence and ...Agile Network India | Career Growth by Increasing your Impact, Influence and ...
Agile Network India | Career Growth by Increasing your Impact, Influence and ...AgileNetwork
 
Job Design and Delegation
Job Design and DelegationJob Design and Delegation
Job Design and DelegationCharles Plant
 
Management: Creating a Winning Team Mentality
Management: Creating a Winning Team MentalityManagement: Creating a Winning Team Mentality
Management: Creating a Winning Team MentalityInterQuest Group
 

What's hot (20)

How To Be A Good Manager
How To Be A Good ManagerHow To Be A Good Manager
How To Be A Good Manager
 
Change and growth are critical
Change and growth are criticalChange and growth are critical
Change and growth are critical
 
Making a successful transition from individual contributor to manager nov. ...
Making a successful transition from individual contributor to manager   nov. ...Making a successful transition from individual contributor to manager   nov. ...
Making a successful transition from individual contributor to manager nov. ...
 
Execution
ExecutionExecution
Execution
 
Miss Michelle Graham
Miss Michelle GrahamMiss Michelle Graham
Miss Michelle Graham
 
Glen Wakeman blog
Glen Wakeman blogGlen Wakeman blog
Glen Wakeman blog
 
A Leader's Roadmap to Getting Results
 A Leader's Roadmap to Getting Results A Leader's Roadmap to Getting Results
A Leader's Roadmap to Getting Results
 
Mentoring Slides
Mentoring SlidesMentoring Slides
Mentoring Slides
 
Branding Statement
Branding StatementBranding Statement
Branding Statement
 
Stepping in to the new Leadership Role
Stepping in to the new Leadership RoleStepping in to the new Leadership Role
Stepping in to the new Leadership Role
 
Stop losing your best talent! Mini case study
Stop losing your best talent!  Mini case studyStop losing your best talent!  Mini case study
Stop losing your best talent! Mini case study
 
PI_RaymondTMcKenzie_102715
PI_RaymondTMcKenzie_102715PI_RaymondTMcKenzie_102715
PI_RaymondTMcKenzie_102715
 
Training Overview
Training OverviewTraining Overview
Training Overview
 
Leadership
LeadershipLeadership
Leadership
 
The effective manager
The effective managerThe effective manager
The effective manager
 
Supervision Leadership Series 2015
Supervision Leadership Series 2015Supervision Leadership Series 2015
Supervision Leadership Series 2015
 
Agile Network India | Career Growth by Increasing your Impact, Influence and ...
Agile Network India | Career Growth by Increasing your Impact, Influence and ...Agile Network India | Career Growth by Increasing your Impact, Influence and ...
Agile Network India | Career Growth by Increasing your Impact, Influence and ...
 
Job Design and Delegation
Job Design and DelegationJob Design and Delegation
Job Design and Delegation
 
The importance of communication
The importance of communicationThe importance of communication
The importance of communication
 
Management: Creating a Winning Team Mentality
Management: Creating a Winning Team MentalityManagement: Creating a Winning Team Mentality
Management: Creating a Winning Team Mentality
 

Similar to Accelerate Effectiveness: Why Can't We All Just Get Aligned?

A to Z of Building a Winning Team
A to Z of Building a Winning TeamA to Z of Building a Winning Team
A to Z of Building a Winning TeamMark Conway
 
FailSafe Business Growth eBook
FailSafe Business Growth eBookFailSafe Business Growth eBook
FailSafe Business Growth eBookBahaa Moukadam
 
Frameworks for Developing Teams
Frameworks for Developing TeamsFrameworks for Developing Teams
Frameworks for Developing TeamsMatt Nigh
 
Shravan Shetty interview 14 Rohit Nambiar
Shravan Shetty interview 14 Rohit Nambiar  Shravan Shetty interview 14 Rohit Nambiar
Shravan Shetty interview 14 Rohit Nambiar Shravan Shetty
 
10 tips to be the analytics consulting agency your boss wants to hire
10 tips to be the analytics consulting agency your boss wants to hire10 tips to be the analytics consulting agency your boss wants to hire
10 tips to be the analytics consulting agency your boss wants to hireRusty Rahmer
 
10 Tips for Analytics Teams: Be the Agency their Boss Wants to Hire
10 Tips for Analytics Teams: Be the Agency their Boss Wants to Hire10 Tips for Analytics Teams: Be the Agency their Boss Wants to Hire
10 Tips for Analytics Teams: Be the Agency their Boss Wants to HireRusty Rahmer
 
Ltut Common Challenges Presentation 2
Ltut Common Challenges Presentation 2Ltut Common Challenges Presentation 2
Ltut Common Challenges Presentation 2cfricano
 
Cracking the Quarterly Strategy Review Code
Cracking the Quarterly Strategy Review CodeCracking the Quarterly Strategy Review Code
Cracking the Quarterly Strategy Review CodeWorkforce Group
 
Q&A with MCA Connect Manager Santo Chisolm
Q&A with MCA Connect Manager Santo ChisolmQ&A with MCA Connect Manager Santo Chisolm
Q&A with MCA Connect Manager Santo ChisolmJenifer Kvasnicka
 
Management techniques that work webinar deck Adecco Staffing
Management techniques that work webinar deck Adecco StaffingManagement techniques that work webinar deck Adecco Staffing
Management techniques that work webinar deck Adecco Staffingjaccimelvin
 
The Marketing Makeover
The Marketing MakeoverThe Marketing Makeover
The Marketing MakeoverNeil Gordon
 
How can we help our business with Strategic Planning?-Herta M Shikapwashya
How can we help our business with  Strategic Planning?-Herta M ShikapwashyaHow can we help our business with  Strategic Planning?-Herta M Shikapwashya
How can we help our business with Strategic Planning?-Herta M ShikapwashyaHertaMarthaShikapwas
 
Don’t be a Sales Manager be a Sales leader.
Don’t be a Sales Manager be a Sales leader. Don’t be a Sales Manager be a Sales leader.
Don’t be a Sales Manager be a Sales leader. Nick
 
Workshop Overvierw
Workshop OvervierwWorkshop Overvierw
Workshop OvervierwtimMeinhardt
 
Workshop Overvierw
Workshop OvervierwWorkshop Overvierw
Workshop OvervierwtimMeinhardt
 

Similar to Accelerate Effectiveness: Why Can't We All Just Get Aligned? (20)

A to Z of Building a Winning Team
A to Z of Building a Winning TeamA to Z of Building a Winning Team
A to Z of Building a Winning Team
 
Team Leadership
Team LeadershipTeam Leadership
Team Leadership
 
FailSafe Business Growth eBook
FailSafe Business Growth eBookFailSafe Business Growth eBook
FailSafe Business Growth eBook
 
Frankie Marrow
Frankie MarrowFrankie Marrow
Frankie Marrow
 
Frameworks for Developing Teams
Frameworks for Developing TeamsFrameworks for Developing Teams
Frameworks for Developing Teams
 
Shravan Shetty interview 14 Rohit Nambiar
Shravan Shetty interview 14 Rohit Nambiar  Shravan Shetty interview 14 Rohit Nambiar
Shravan Shetty interview 14 Rohit Nambiar
 
10 tips to be the analytics consulting agency your boss wants to hire
10 tips to be the analytics consulting agency your boss wants to hire10 tips to be the analytics consulting agency your boss wants to hire
10 tips to be the analytics consulting agency your boss wants to hire
 
Overcoming The 7 Choke Points Of Strategy Implementation - Create The Conditi...
Overcoming The 7 Choke Points Of Strategy Implementation - Create The Conditi...Overcoming The 7 Choke Points Of Strategy Implementation - Create The Conditi...
Overcoming The 7 Choke Points Of Strategy Implementation - Create The Conditi...
 
10 Tips for Analytics Teams: Be the Agency their Boss Wants to Hire
10 Tips for Analytics Teams: Be the Agency their Boss Wants to Hire10 Tips for Analytics Teams: Be the Agency their Boss Wants to Hire
10 Tips for Analytics Teams: Be the Agency their Boss Wants to Hire
 
Ltut Common Challenges Presentation 2
Ltut Common Challenges Presentation 2Ltut Common Challenges Presentation 2
Ltut Common Challenges Presentation 2
 
Cracking the Quarterly Strategy Review Code
Cracking the Quarterly Strategy Review CodeCracking the Quarterly Strategy Review Code
Cracking the Quarterly Strategy Review Code
 
Q&A with MCA Connect Manager Santo Chisolm
Q&A with MCA Connect Manager Santo ChisolmQ&A with MCA Connect Manager Santo Chisolm
Q&A with MCA Connect Manager Santo Chisolm
 
NCompass Live: How To Get Buy-In
NCompass Live: How To Get Buy-InNCompass Live: How To Get Buy-In
NCompass Live: How To Get Buy-In
 
Management techniques that work webinar deck Adecco Staffing
Management techniques that work webinar deck Adecco StaffingManagement techniques that work webinar deck Adecco Staffing
Management techniques that work webinar deck Adecco Staffing
 
The Marketing Makeover
The Marketing MakeoverThe Marketing Makeover
The Marketing Makeover
 
How can we help our business with Strategic Planning?-Herta M Shikapwashya
How can we help our business with  Strategic Planning?-Herta M ShikapwashyaHow can we help our business with  Strategic Planning?-Herta M Shikapwashya
How can we help our business with Strategic Planning?-Herta M Shikapwashya
 
Don’t be a Sales Manager be a Sales leader.
Don’t be a Sales Manager be a Sales leader. Don’t be a Sales Manager be a Sales leader.
Don’t be a Sales Manager be a Sales leader.
 
Workshop Overvierw
Workshop OvervierwWorkshop Overvierw
Workshop Overvierw
 
Workshop Overvierw
Workshop OvervierwWorkshop Overvierw
Workshop Overvierw
 
Team leading 448
Team leading 448Team leading 448
Team leading 448
 

More from BetterWorks

1% of your day to change the other 99%
1% of your day to change the other 99%1% of your day to change the other 99%
1% of your day to change the other 99%BetterWorks
 
Bridging Business and HR
Bridging Business and HRBridging Business and HR
Bridging Business and HRBetterWorks
 
How We Get Feedback Wrong
How We Get Feedback WrongHow We Get Feedback Wrong
How We Get Feedback WrongBetterWorks
 
Fearless Accountability: Create Teams That Won't Let Each Other Fail
Fearless Accountability: Create Teams That Won't Let Each Other FailFearless Accountability: Create Teams That Won't Let Each Other Fail
Fearless Accountability: Create Teams That Won't Let Each Other FailBetterWorks
 
How to Definitively, Completely, Utterly Eradicate Stress From Your Life
How to Definitively, Completely, Utterly Eradicate Stress From Your LifeHow to Definitively, Completely, Utterly Eradicate Stress From Your Life
How to Definitively, Completely, Utterly Eradicate Stress From Your LifeBetterWorks
 
Making Culture a Competitive Advantage
Making Culture a Competitive AdvantageMaking Culture a Competitive Advantage
Making Culture a Competitive AdvantageBetterWorks
 
Goal Examples for Legal
Goal Examples for LegalGoal Examples for Legal
Goal Examples for LegalBetterWorks
 
Goal Examples for Human Resources
Goal Examples for Human ResourcesGoal Examples for Human Resources
Goal Examples for Human ResourcesBetterWorks
 
Goal Examples for Finance
Goal Examples for FinanceGoal Examples for Finance
Goal Examples for FinanceBetterWorks
 
Goal Examples for Customer Success
Goal Examples for Customer SuccessGoal Examples for Customer Success
Goal Examples for Customer SuccessBetterWorks
 
Goal Examples for Agile Engineering
Goal Examples for Agile EngineeringGoal Examples for Agile Engineering
Goal Examples for Agile EngineeringBetterWorks
 
Goal Examples for Call Center
Goal Examples for Call CenterGoal Examples for Call Center
Goal Examples for Call CenterBetterWorks
 
Goal Summit 2016: Getting HR a Seat at the Table
Goal Summit 2016: Getting HR a Seat at the TableGoal Summit 2016: Getting HR a Seat at the Table
Goal Summit 2016: Getting HR a Seat at the TableBetterWorks
 
Goal Summit 2016: Goals – The Missing Link Between Strategy and Execution
Goal Summit 2016: Goals – The Missing Link Between Strategy and ExecutionGoal Summit 2016: Goals – The Missing Link Between Strategy and Execution
Goal Summit 2016: Goals – The Missing Link Between Strategy and ExecutionBetterWorks
 
Goal Summit 2016: The New Organization – Different by Design
Goal Summit 2016: The New Organization – Different by DesignGoal Summit 2016: The New Organization – Different by Design
Goal Summit 2016: The New Organization – Different by DesignBetterWorks
 
Goal Summit 2016: How to be a Kickass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity or Cr...
Goal Summit 2016: How to be a Kickass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity or Cr...Goal Summit 2016: How to be a Kickass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity or Cr...
Goal Summit 2016: How to be a Kickass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity or Cr...BetterWorks
 
Goal Summit 2016: Build a Legacy
Goal Summit 2016: Build a LegacyGoal Summit 2016: Build a Legacy
Goal Summit 2016: Build a LegacyBetterWorks
 
Goal Summit 2016: BetterWorks Crystal Ball
Goal Summit 2016: BetterWorks Crystal BallGoal Summit 2016: BetterWorks Crystal Ball
Goal Summit 2016: BetterWorks Crystal BallBetterWorks
 
Goal Summit 2016: Insights From Peter Drucker
Goal Summit 2016: Insights From Peter DruckerGoal Summit 2016: Insights From Peter Drucker
Goal Summit 2016: Insights From Peter DruckerBetterWorks
 
Goal Summit 2016: The Science Behind Effective Teams at Google
Goal Summit 2016: The Science Behind Effective Teams at GoogleGoal Summit 2016: The Science Behind Effective Teams at Google
Goal Summit 2016: The Science Behind Effective Teams at GoogleBetterWorks
 

More from BetterWorks (20)

1% of your day to change the other 99%
1% of your day to change the other 99%1% of your day to change the other 99%
1% of your day to change the other 99%
 
Bridging Business and HR
Bridging Business and HRBridging Business and HR
Bridging Business and HR
 
How We Get Feedback Wrong
How We Get Feedback WrongHow We Get Feedback Wrong
How We Get Feedback Wrong
 
Fearless Accountability: Create Teams That Won't Let Each Other Fail
Fearless Accountability: Create Teams That Won't Let Each Other FailFearless Accountability: Create Teams That Won't Let Each Other Fail
Fearless Accountability: Create Teams That Won't Let Each Other Fail
 
How to Definitively, Completely, Utterly Eradicate Stress From Your Life
How to Definitively, Completely, Utterly Eradicate Stress From Your LifeHow to Definitively, Completely, Utterly Eradicate Stress From Your Life
How to Definitively, Completely, Utterly Eradicate Stress From Your Life
 
Making Culture a Competitive Advantage
Making Culture a Competitive AdvantageMaking Culture a Competitive Advantage
Making Culture a Competitive Advantage
 
Goal Examples for Legal
Goal Examples for LegalGoal Examples for Legal
Goal Examples for Legal
 
Goal Examples for Human Resources
Goal Examples for Human ResourcesGoal Examples for Human Resources
Goal Examples for Human Resources
 
Goal Examples for Finance
Goal Examples for FinanceGoal Examples for Finance
Goal Examples for Finance
 
Goal Examples for Customer Success
Goal Examples for Customer SuccessGoal Examples for Customer Success
Goal Examples for Customer Success
 
Goal Examples for Agile Engineering
Goal Examples for Agile EngineeringGoal Examples for Agile Engineering
Goal Examples for Agile Engineering
 
Goal Examples for Call Center
Goal Examples for Call CenterGoal Examples for Call Center
Goal Examples for Call Center
 
Goal Summit 2016: Getting HR a Seat at the Table
Goal Summit 2016: Getting HR a Seat at the TableGoal Summit 2016: Getting HR a Seat at the Table
Goal Summit 2016: Getting HR a Seat at the Table
 
Goal Summit 2016: Goals – The Missing Link Between Strategy and Execution
Goal Summit 2016: Goals – The Missing Link Between Strategy and ExecutionGoal Summit 2016: Goals – The Missing Link Between Strategy and Execution
Goal Summit 2016: Goals – The Missing Link Between Strategy and Execution
 
Goal Summit 2016: The New Organization – Different by Design
Goal Summit 2016: The New Organization – Different by DesignGoal Summit 2016: The New Organization – Different by Design
Goal Summit 2016: The New Organization – Different by Design
 
Goal Summit 2016: How to be a Kickass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity or Cr...
Goal Summit 2016: How to be a Kickass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity or Cr...Goal Summit 2016: How to be a Kickass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity or Cr...
Goal Summit 2016: How to be a Kickass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity or Cr...
 
Goal Summit 2016: Build a Legacy
Goal Summit 2016: Build a LegacyGoal Summit 2016: Build a Legacy
Goal Summit 2016: Build a Legacy
 
Goal Summit 2016: BetterWorks Crystal Ball
Goal Summit 2016: BetterWorks Crystal BallGoal Summit 2016: BetterWorks Crystal Ball
Goal Summit 2016: BetterWorks Crystal Ball
 
Goal Summit 2016: Insights From Peter Drucker
Goal Summit 2016: Insights From Peter DruckerGoal Summit 2016: Insights From Peter Drucker
Goal Summit 2016: Insights From Peter Drucker
 
Goal Summit 2016: The Science Behind Effective Teams at Google
Goal Summit 2016: The Science Behind Effective Teams at GoogleGoal Summit 2016: The Science Behind Effective Teams at Google
Goal Summit 2016: The Science Behind Effective Teams at Google
 

Recently uploaded

Presentation On "Yusuf Ibn Tashfin" a true leader (1061 to 1106)_ prepared by...
Presentation On "Yusuf Ibn Tashfin" a true leader (1061 to 1106)_ prepared by...Presentation On "Yusuf Ibn Tashfin" a true leader (1061 to 1106)_ prepared by...
Presentation On "Yusuf Ibn Tashfin" a true leader (1061 to 1106)_ prepared by...kamrulShuva
 
Project Management Professional (PMP)® from PMI
Project Management Professional (PMP)® from PMIProject Management Professional (PMP)® from PMI
Project Management Professional (PMP)® from PMITasnur Tonoy
 
Organization design fashion or fit by Henry Mintzberg
Organization design fashion or fit by Henry MintzbergOrganization design fashion or fit by Henry Mintzberg
Organization design fashion or fit by Henry MintzbergSana Fatima
 
Risk Management in Banks - Overview (May 2024)
Risk Management in Banks - Overview (May 2024)Risk Management in Banks - Overview (May 2024)
Risk Management in Banks - Overview (May 2024)Kristi Rohtsalu
 
Travis Hills of Minnesota Leads Livestock Water and Energy in Sustainable Inn...
Travis Hills of Minnesota Leads Livestock Water and Energy in Sustainable Inn...Travis Hills of Minnesota Leads Livestock Water and Energy in Sustainable Inn...
Travis Hills of Minnesota Leads Livestock Water and Energy in Sustainable Inn...Travis Hills MN
 
UX in an Agile World - Scrum Gathering
UX in an Agile World -   Scrum GatheringUX in an Agile World -   Scrum Gathering
UX in an Agile World - Scrum GatheringKaizenko
 
Create the recognition your teams deserve.pptx
Create the recognition your teams deserve.pptxCreate the recognition your teams deserve.pptx
Create the recognition your teams deserve.pptxStephen Sitton
 
Principles of Management analyze how Zara manage
Principles of Management analyze how Zara managePrinciples of Management analyze how Zara manage
Principles of Management analyze how Zara managessuser4899c8
 

Recently uploaded (8)

Presentation On "Yusuf Ibn Tashfin" a true leader (1061 to 1106)_ prepared by...
Presentation On "Yusuf Ibn Tashfin" a true leader (1061 to 1106)_ prepared by...Presentation On "Yusuf Ibn Tashfin" a true leader (1061 to 1106)_ prepared by...
Presentation On "Yusuf Ibn Tashfin" a true leader (1061 to 1106)_ prepared by...
 
Project Management Professional (PMP)® from PMI
Project Management Professional (PMP)® from PMIProject Management Professional (PMP)® from PMI
Project Management Professional (PMP)® from PMI
 
Organization design fashion or fit by Henry Mintzberg
Organization design fashion or fit by Henry MintzbergOrganization design fashion or fit by Henry Mintzberg
Organization design fashion or fit by Henry Mintzberg
 
Risk Management in Banks - Overview (May 2024)
Risk Management in Banks - Overview (May 2024)Risk Management in Banks - Overview (May 2024)
Risk Management in Banks - Overview (May 2024)
 
Travis Hills of Minnesota Leads Livestock Water and Energy in Sustainable Inn...
Travis Hills of Minnesota Leads Livestock Water and Energy in Sustainable Inn...Travis Hills of Minnesota Leads Livestock Water and Energy in Sustainable Inn...
Travis Hills of Minnesota Leads Livestock Water and Energy in Sustainable Inn...
 
UX in an Agile World - Scrum Gathering
UX in an Agile World -   Scrum GatheringUX in an Agile World -   Scrum Gathering
UX in an Agile World - Scrum Gathering
 
Create the recognition your teams deserve.pptx
Create the recognition your teams deserve.pptxCreate the recognition your teams deserve.pptx
Create the recognition your teams deserve.pptx
 
Principles of Management analyze how Zara manage
Principles of Management analyze how Zara managePrinciples of Management analyze how Zara manage
Principles of Management analyze how Zara manage
 

Accelerate Effectiveness: Why Can't We All Just Get Aligned?