Note: If you own a Kindle Fire 1st Generation, you can earn Coins for eligible purchases made on the Amazon Appstore on Amazon.com. We add the Coins to your account, but you won't see a notification on your Kindle FireTo earn Amazon Coins: Go to the Amazon Appstore on your Kindle Fire (except Kindle Fire 1st Generation), or Amazon.com. Purchase a Kindle Fire-compatible app, in-app item, or game that is eligible to earn promotional Amazon Coins. Note: After an eligible purchase, you can check your updated Coins balance on the detail page of any paid eligible item in the Amazon Appstore on Amazon.com. Coins that you can earn on apps and in-app items are available on a limited time basis. Earned Coins expire on the last day of the calendar month, one year after you earn them. For example, Coins you earn on May 15th expire on May 31st of the following year. Earned Coins (along with any other Coins we've awarded to you) are used first when making purchases with Coins.
Curling up with your kindle fire (fire
Curling Up With Your Kindle
Fire (Fire DX or HDX)
Plymouth District Library
Let’s Talk About …
• Various versions and sizes of Kindle Fires
• Things I can do with my Kindle Fire
• Putting your Kindle to sleep vs. powering it
• Enabling wi-fi
• Looking at the settings!
• Downloading e-books from OverDrive
• Interacting with Amazon
Various Kindle Fires
Kindle Fire – 7” color screen – 7-8 hours
Kindle Fire 2 – 8-9 hours
Kindle Fire HD – 8.9” screen 9-11 hours, front camera
Kindle Fire HD – 7” screen 9-11 hours
Kindle Fire HDX – 7” screen, 11 hours, front camera
Kindle Fire HDX – 8.9” screen, 11 hours, front & rear cameras
What Can I Do with my Fire?
Depends on your model …
• Browse the web using Amazon’s Silk Browser – access
your email and social media sites.
• Download and install both free and fee-based apps.
• Download e-books, e-magazines, eaudiobooks, movies, television shows and music.
• Skype with friends and relatives (if front camera
• Monitor your child’s usage with FreeTime (HDX)
• Create & store docs on Amazon’s Cloud Drive.
Storing on Cloud Drive vs.
• Anything you purchase through Amazon or its affiliates
on the Amazon site can either be stored in the Amazon
Cloud or your Kindle.
• If you download it to your device, you can access it even
if you don’t have wi-fi enabled.
• If you remove it from your device, that content will be
stored in the Amazon Cloud for you to download again.
• Keeping content on the Amazon Cloud will save space
on your device!
What Are Amazon Coins?
• Amazon Coins is a new virtual currency for U.S.
customers to purchase Kindle Fire-compatible apps,
games, and in-app items.
• Amazon Coins are supported on Kindle Fire 2nd
Generation, Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Fire HD 8.9", and
on the Amazon Appstore on Amazon.com.
• If you own a Kindle Fire 1st Generation, you can use
your Coins on the Amazon Appstore on Amazon.com,
and then download your purchase using the Cloud tab
on your Kindle Fire.
Things to Remember
• You must have your Wi-Fi enabled to surf web, download
content and get to the App Store.
• Don’t forget your Amazon id and password. You will
need it to purchase apps and content.
• Kindle Fires works seamlessly with Amazon, but you can
also use OverDrive for e-books and e-audiobooks.
• On older Kindle Fires, your settings icon always sits at
the top of your screen.
• It’s a “Use it or Lose it” set of skills. The more you use it,
the more comfortable you will become with it.
Time for Questions &
Thanks for attending !