6. There are people who can, and will ,
happily amplify your message if targeted
7. Don’t platform hop. If a corporate
Snapchat account doesn’t suit you, your
brand or your content, ignore it. Fad.
8. Monitor what you’re doing and test
different approaches over time. Evolve.
9. Play the long game. Don’t start getting
twitchy when you have 8 followers after 2
10. You are on people’s timelines for a
reason. Be interesting. Or helpful. Or offer an
insider’s perspective. Filter.
A whole world of totally
People you trust You
All the information
People who are cleverer than
Cool, funny, interesting
and secret stuff
People who have more access
Things that didn’t make the list, but are also
relevant to us:
- Only retweet appropriate stuff from appropriate people
- Don’t use loads of hashtags for no real reason.
#hashtags #reason #loads
- No-one cares if you’re nearly at 5/10/100k followers
(especially those who are already following you)
- Accept that not everyone will be fan. Take criticism well.
Learn to ignore the ridiculous stuff.
Simon Banoub @banouby #LeedsSportLunch