Why Use SAW Sensors and Tags?
- Frequency/time are measured with greatest accuracy compared to any other physical measurement (10-10 - 10-14).
- External stimuli affects device parameters (frequency, phase, amplitude, delay)
- Operate from cryogenic to >1000oC
- Ability to both measure a stimuli and to wirelessly, passively transmit information
- Frequency range ~10 MHz – 3 GHz
- Monolithic structure fabricated with current IC photolithography techniques, small, rugged
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.