14. ‘ The e-portfolio is the central and common point for the student learning experience... Effective Practice with e-Portfolios JISC (2008) Geoff Rebbeck, e-Learning Coordinator, Thanet College
15. It is a reflection of the student as a person undergoing continuous personal development, not just a store of evidence.’ Effective Practice with e-Portfolios JISC (2008) Geoff Rebbeck, e-Learning Coordinator, Thanet College
21. This is jill She's a student She's just been told that she's going to have an 'eportfolio' What can we tell her? What does this mean for her learning? What does the 'e' change?
22. Analytics vs. Read/Write Break a thing to measure a thing
23. Only when it becomes cast in a mold and runs in a routine way does it lose its educative power John Dewey, Democracy and Education
25. A quick use case for Social Network Analysis My facebook account
26. 1. My hometown - green 2. High school – dark blue top 3. Undergrad – light blue 4. Travelling friends - orange 5. My mother's family – right pink 6. My father's family – right purple 7. UPEI - purple 8. Edtech - left pink
32. Among the things SNA can tell us <ul><li>What networks do i have?
33. How do they interact?
34. Who are the most important connectors?
35. Who is being left out? </li></ul>
40. Store, track, reflect, show
41. I think we also need to...
42. Learning needs to be connected connect http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovesunshinez/4730788938/sizes/z/in/photostream/