Energy Resources Of Pakistan.
Causes of Energy Crisis.
• Crisis of Electricity, Gas, & Fuel and affected the
• Facing up to 18 hours of, electricity outage a day.
• Energy crisis since the last few years.
• Power outage 3-4 hours everyday.
• Without generators and UPS faced tremendous
problems. The prices of both continued to increase in
Pakistan facing crisis
• Pakistan has faced 1000 to 2000 MW shortage
• Expected more than 3000MW next year.
• Pakistan is facing 80 millions tons of oil
• And is lacking behind the needs of natural gas
at about 27 million ton of energy in current
year and this ratio will rise in upcoming years.
Energy crisis in Pakistan
• The crisis often has effects on the rest of the
economy, with many recessions being caused
by an energy crisis in some form.
• In particular, the production costs of
electricity rise, which raises manufacturing
The main energy crisis
• Water flowing in the rivers has kinetic energy.
• Power produced by the turbine depends on
quantity of water flowing/minute and the head
of water available.
• Mostly river flows by melting glaciers on High
• This energy can be converted into electrical
Two methods are normally used:
Run of the river projects.
PAKISTAN MAJOR DAMS:
Crisis of Hydel Energy cont...
• The energy crisis starts from 1990
and still Pakistan is in the crisis of
these all as before.
• The country is facing a huge electric
power crisis these days.
• Though it has been more than a year
since when the country is facing this
crisis, but till now no proper solution
has been made to this problem
neither any proper planning has
come into existence since the
symptoms and begging of this short
supply of electricity.
Solution to Hydel energy
• Pakistan is in the grip of a serious energy
crisis that is affecting all sectors of the
economy and the various segments of the
• As the situation stands to-day, there are hardly
any immediate solutions to resolve the issue.
but they need immediate planning and
execution with an enormous investment.
CAUSES OF ENERGY CRISIS
1.Fluctuation of oil prices in international market.
WAPDA & KESC purchase expensive oil and
transfer cost to customers….
2.Faulty Distribution system.
we waste to 15 to 20 percent energy through poor
seminars & conference but no implementation.
• Govt. must pay circular debt.
• Govt. must invest to cover up line losses.
• Govt. must convert from inefficient gas plants
to efficient ones in order to conserve electric
• Govt. must consider investing in Solar Energy
plants to produce Electricity as they provide
free energy, and are less mechanical than
Wind Energy Plants.
• To take strong steps of existing
infrastructure and transformed it to utilized
renewable energy for future needs.
• To utilized the coal reserves through it will
give us energy for next 25 years.
• WAPDA is facing huge line losses due to
electricity theft or illegal usage of