A drill is a tool fitted with a cutting tool attachment or driving
tool attachment, usually a drill bit or driver bit, used
for boring holes in various materials or fastening various
materials together with the use of fasteners.
An angle grinder is a handheld power tool that is used for
cutting, grinding and polishing. Also known as a disc grinder,
angle grinders are powered by electric motor, petrol engine or
A saw is a tool consisting of a hard blade, wire, or chain with a
toothed edge. It is used to cut through relatively hard material,
most often wood. The cut is made by placing the toothed edge
against the material and moving it forcefully back and forth.
Tube bending is the umbrella term for metal forming processes
used to permanently form pipes or tubing. One has to
differentiate between form-bound and freeform-bending
procedures, as well as between heat supported and cold forming
A hydraulic hammer is a powerful tool used in demolition and
construction. It works on the principles of hydraulics as
discovered and put into use by Blaise Pascal.
Parts and function of a portable electric disc grinder
1. TOOL REST – it is where the position of the grinder when not in use.
2. OFF/ON SWITCH - A switch to switch the motor ON and OFF.
3. SWITCH LOCK - A button which can keep the switch in the ON position.
4. ELECTRICAL CORD – with the plug, it is use to connect the drill to the
5. CORD STRAIN RELIEVER – It prevents the electrical cord to suffer from
strain during and after operation.
6. HANDLE – it is held by the operator when operating for better
7. GUARD – A metallic covering use in trapping the chips flying from the
8. GRINDING DISK – a manufactured stone disk for cutting/grinding
9. LOCKING NUT – A nut use to hold/lock the grinding disk firmly to avoid
10. SPINDLE - used to attach the grinding disk to the rotor of the motor.
Follow these seven easy steps to use an
angle grinder safely.
1. Choose the right grinder for the job and
follow the manufacturer´s safety
instructions. Grinders cause more injuries
than any other power tool. Do not use a
bigger, more powerful grinder than is
2. Only buy a grinder that has an automatic
cut off switch (usually called a dead man´s
4. Ensure the cutting blades (e.g.
multi-cutter blades) are never used on
grinders. They are not designed for
5. Never remove the safety guard from
a hand held grinder. Bench grinders
should be secured to a bench and
allowed to run free for a minute before
6. Always wear protective gear,
including safety goggles, when
operating an angle grinder. Injuries to
the eyes are commonly associated
with angle grinders.
3. Use the right-sized disc for the
grinder and make sure the locking nut
is tight. Ensure the disc is suitable for
grinding the material you have selected
and ensure the disc can be used at the
grinder´s maximum speed. It is
common for unsuitable discs to shatter
and cause injuries.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF GRINDERS
PORTABLE GRINDER 220V AC (Supply)
Parts and function of a portable electric drill
1. PISTOL GRIP – A handle to hold the drill.
2. CORD STRAIN RELIEVER – It prevents the electrical cord to
suffer from strain during and after operation.
3. ELECTRICAL CORD – with the plug, it is use to connect the
drill to the electrical supply.
4. SWITCH LOCK – A button which can keep the switch in the
5. TRIGGER SWITCH – A switch to switch the motor ON and
6. CHUCK WRENCH – use to tighten and loosen the chuck.
7. REVERSING SWITCH – A switch use to reverse the rotation of
the drill from forward to reverse rotation and vice-versa.
8. CHUCK - holds and turns the rotary cutting tools.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF ELECTRIC DRILL
ELECTRIC DRILL 18V DC (Supply)
Parts & Function of a Hydraulic Pipe Bender
• HYDRAULIC PUMP – It is considered to be the heart of tool where in
it houses the hydraulic oil.
• HYDRAULIC HOSE – A high-pressure resistant hose where the
hydraulic oil travel from the hydraulic pump to hydraulic ram.
• RAM TRAVEL GAUGE – A visible guide in determining the distance
travelled by the hydraulic ram.
• HYDRAULIC RAM – it is the one that pushes the pipe being bended
to the desired angle.
• PIPE SUPPORT – It provides support to the pipe being bended.
• BENDER SHOE – It catches the pipe being bended attached to the
• BENDER FRAME – it houses the entire unit that provides strength and