Biology for MH-CET
Dr. Kurve Nirmalkumar
KET’s V. G. Vaze college
NEET for MBBS
• MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS seats in all government
and medical colleges in the state to be filled
• 15 % of the seats admitted through AIPMT exams.
• Biology: Botany; Zoology.
• MCQs 90: 45 MCQs from Botany and 45 MCQs from
Zoology. 4 Marks for each MCQ. -1 mark for wrong
• Time: 90 mins.
UNIT I: Diversity in Living World
• Living, classification of plants and animals.
• Museums, Zoos, Herbaria, Botanical gardens.
• Viruses and Viroids.
Crocodile and Penguin resemble dogfish in which one
of the following?
a) Solid single stranded nervous system.
b) Lay eggs and guard them till they hatch.
c) Possess bony endoskeleton.
d) Bear gill slits at some stage in life.
UNIT II: Structural Organization in Animals and
• Morphology and modifications, Tissues, Anatomy
and functions of different parts of flowering plants.
• Animal tissues, Morphology, anatomy and
functions. Cockroach as a type animal.
Phellogen and Phellem respectively denote
a) Cork and cork cambium
b) Cork cambium and cork
c) Secondary cortex and cork
d) Cork and secondary cortex
UNIT III: Cell Structure and Function
• Cell theory and cell as the basic unit of life.
• Structure and chemical composition of cell:
• Types of cell division.
UNIT IV: Plant Physiology
• Transport in plants: Water and its movement.
• Mineral nutrition.
• Photosynthesis, Respiration, Plant growth and
Apoplast, Symplast, C3 / C4 pathways,
Photorespiration, Vernalization, Photoperiodism.
Phytol chain is present in:
UNIT IV: Human Physiology
• Digestion and absorption. Jaundice, Diarrhoea,
• Breathing and Respiration. Respiratory volumes,
Asthma, Emphysema, Occupational disorders.
Diastema is associated with ____.
a) Organ of Corti
b) Retinal cells
c) Presence of certain teeth
d) Absence of certain teeth.
UNIT IV: Human Physiology (contd)
• Body fluids and circulation. ECG, Angina, Cardiac
• Excretory products and elimination. Urinary
disorders, Uraemia, Renal failure, Renal calculi,
Ketosis is due to
a) High insulin level
b) Low insulin level
c) Low thyroxine level
d) Low level of glucagon
UNIT IV: Human Physiology (Contd.)
• Locomotion and movement. Myasthenia gravis, Tetany,
Muscular dystrophy, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Gout.
• Neural control and coordination. Eye, Ear.
• Chemical coordination and regulation. Dwarfism,
Acromegaly, Cretinism, Goiter, Exopthalmic goiter,
Which statement is correct?
a) Length of H zone increases
b) Length of A band remains constant
c) Length of I band increases
d) Distance between two Z lines increases
UNIT I: Reproduction
• Reproduction in organisms.
• Plants. Apomixis, Parthenocarpy, Polyembryony
• Reproductive health. Amniocentesis; Infertility and ART – IVF, ZIFT,
The placenta of human being belongs to the category of ____.
a) Haemochorial (Maternal Blood vessel)
b) Syndesmochorial (Maternal connective tissue)
c) Endotheliochorial (Bitch)
d) Epitheliochorial (Cow)
What would be the number of chromosomes of the aleurone cells of
a plant with 42 chromosomes in its roots tip cells?
a) 21 b) 42 c) 63 d) 84
UNIT II: Genetics and Evolution
• Heredity and variation: Mendelian and Post-
Mendelian inheritance. Colour blindness,
Thalassemia, Chromosomal disorders in humans
• Molecular basis of Inheritance. Gene expression
and regulation-Lac Operon; Genome and human
genome project; DNA finger printing
• Evolution. Hardy-Weinberg’s principle; Adaptive
Radiation; Human evolution.
Value of which is 1 from the following?
a) A+T/G+C b) A+C/T+G
c) A+G/T+C d) A+T/G+C
UNIT III: Biology and Human Welfare
• Health and Disease. Cancer, HIV and AIDS, Adolescence,
drug and alcohol abuse
• Improvement in food production.
• Microbes in human welfare. Fermentation, Sewage
The sporozoites that cause infection when a female
Anopheles mosquito bites a human being are formed in:
a) Liver of human
b) RBCs in mosquito
c) Salivary glands of mosquito
d) Intestine of human
UNIT IV: Biotechnology and Its Applications
• Principles and process of Biotechnology. Genetic
engineering, Recombinant DNA technology.
• Application of Biotechnology in health and
agriculture. GMOs, Biopiracy and patents.
Restriction endonucleases are used in genetic
engineering, because they can ____.
a) degrade harmful proteins
b) join DNA fragments
c) cut DNA at specific base sequences
d) cut DNA at variable sites
UNIT V: Ecology and environment
• Organisms and environment. Population and its attributes.
• Ecosystem. Biochemical cycles, ecological services, Carbon
• Biodiversity and its conservation. Hotspots, endangered
organisms, extinction, Red Data Book
• Environmental issues. Greenhouse effect and global warning,
Ozone depletion, Deforestation.
A population with equal number of births and deaths
will show ____.
a) Acceleration phase of growth
b) Plateau phase
c) Exponential growth phase
d) Initial phase of growth
Do follow us here