3. Because the Internet is like a huge library information system
4. In the traditional, physical world you help people find you by placing yourself in their way. By showing your goods through a street window, by going to a fair or by advertising, you let people know what you can help them with.
5. In the online world the process is reversed. People actively seek the resources or businesses they are looking for just as they would inside a library information system
6. This is why identifying the right info to put on your “index card” is so vitally important
7. Hey Robin, but I see people can easily find me if they want to. What’s the use of this?
8. People who “already” know you can find you easily but how about those who do not know that you exist. How can they find you, unless you match what they would be searching for on their ideal “index card”?