• THE SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE IS
• HABITUAL ACTIONS
• I wake up at 7 a.m. every day.
• She usually goes to the market every
• They sleep late every night.
• He always works late on Saturdays.
• The sun sets in the west.
• For the simple present form.
always add an “s” to the verb
when the subject is singular
except for “l” and “you”
• To show that an action is done often
• I go to school every day.
• You drink milk every day.
• We have six meals a day.
• They take their baths in the
mornings and evenings.
• He sleeps at ten every night.
• She drinks water every day.
• Ali eats fish every day.
• Boon Seng takes a bath every
• Have and has are used to show
possessions, in the simple
• has is used with a singular
Each of them
• have is used with a plural subject
except for “ I’
Peter and Jane
All of them
Fill in the blanks with the correct words
from the box.
1. I ………. to school every day.
2. Robin ….. a hamster.
3. Shanti ….. to wear saris.
4. I ….. to read a storybook.
5. Do you….. to dance.
6. Sing Fatt ….. to call his friend.
7. My father ….. home from work at 6.00
Underline the correct words.
1. Halim ( cycles , cycle ) to his tuition
class every day.
2. Leopards ( hunt, hunts) smaller animals
3. Thunder always ( follow , follows )
4. Please ( write, writes ) your name on
the top right-hand corner of the answer
5. Jaspreet ( water, waters ) all the plants
6. Electricians( use, uses ) pliers to cut or
7. Padi ( grow, grows ) well in Kedah