Every day I
get up from bed at seven o’clock.
Present Tense Simple
- for daily routines
e.g.: Every day I get up from bed at seven o’clock.
-to express a general, universal truth
e.g.: The Earth moves around the Sun.
-to express facts that are always true
e.g.: A newspaper keeps us informed.
– Subject+ Verb at Short Infinitive
! Except the 3rd person singular having the ending in
e.g.: I work every day
He works every day.
formed with the help of the verb ‘to do’
-do (does III)+ NOT + Short Infinitive
e.g.: I do not go to school every day.
He does not go to school every day.
-do(does)+ subject+ Short Infinitive
e.g.: Do they go to school every day?
Adverbs of time
• every day, week…
• Please use the Affirmative form of Present Simple.
1.My family often _______(go) out for dinner.
2.Jason and Lisa always________ (like) to talk in class.
3.She ________(drink) coffee all the time.
4.They never __________(listen) to the teacher.
5.A good student always ___________(perform) well in class.
6.Our friends sometimes ____________(meet) up in the shopping mall.
7.Her aunty __________ (like) to cook dinner for people.
8.John's dog usually_______ (0bey) him.
9.Lisa never _________(do) her homework.
10. Every morning I _______(get up) at seven o'clock and
__________(have) a shower.
• Fill in with don’t / doesn’t form to make negative
1. You ______________ sing a beautiful song.
2. I ______________ dance tango.
3. We ______________ play tennis on Tuesday.
4. They ______________ talk to strangers.
5. Pamela ______________ dance Cha-cha.
6. He ______________ visit Oradea, each Wednesday
7. You ______________ run in the corridors.
8. It ______________ bark in the courtyard.
9. The students _____________ speak during the Science class.
10. The English teacher _____________ speak Chinese in the English
• Please use the Interrogative form of Present Simple.
1. _______Lucy go to school at 8 o'clock in the morning?
2._____you want a drink?
3.______ your teacher shout?
4._____ Martin and Janice like to dance at the weekends?
5._____your family go on holiday?
6.______Jason have a course tomorrow?
7._____you want to go to the cinema?
8._____his mother go to the gym?
9.______you like to swim?
10._____Michael's friends eat breakfast in the morning?