Zanib Dil Muhammad
Factors to be considered before planning a
1) Lesson focus: Present indefinite tense.
2) Age of the students: 8 to 10.
3) Grade: 4th.
4) Gender: Both (Male & Female).
5) Previous knowledge: Students have knowledge about the sentence
6) Time: 45 minutes.
Brainstorming by students.
Presentation of lesson by teacher.
Brainstorming (5 minutes)
Walk in the morning
Eat lunch/ dinner
Go for shopping
Go to school Ride bicycle
Simple indefinite tense
Presentation of lesson: (20 Minutes)
The simple present tense in English is used to
describe an action that is regular, true or
We use the present tense:
1) For repeated or regular actions in the
present time period.
• I always go to school by bus.
2) For universal truths.
• Sun rises in the east.
3) For habits.
I get up early in the morning .
Ayesha brushes her teeth twice a day.
4. For things that are always / generally
I live in Lahore
They speak English at work.
5. To refer future time, fixed future
events on timetables calendars.
• The train leaves at 5:00.
Rules of present indefinite tense
I / you / we / they speak / learn
English at home
he / she / it
speaks / learns English at home
Addition of (S), (ES) with 1st form of verb in third person.
• The spelling for the verb in the third person differs depending on the ending of that
1) For verbs that end in -O, -CH, -SH, -SS, -X, or -Z we add -ES in the third
go – goes
catch – catches
wash – washes
kiss – kisses
fix – fixes
buzz – buzzes
2) For verbs that end in a consonant + Y, we remove the Y and add -IES.
• marry – marries.
• study – studies.
• carry – carries.
• worry – worries.
NOTE: For verbs that end in a vowel + Y, we just add -S.
• play – plays.
• enjoy – enjoys.
• say – says.
Use of DO and DOES.
Supply the correct form of verbs given in the following brackets in the following
1. We (go) to college every day.
2. I (not visit) my sister every week.
3. The Muslims (believe) in one GOD.
4. Good students always (work) hard.
5. You (take) tea every morning.
6. We (get up) at 7 O’clock in winter.
7. The sun (set) in the west.
8. He (never move) in bad company.
TRUE FALSE STATEMENTS.
1. He go to school every day.
2. I likes swimming.
3. You plays badminton on Saturdays.
4. The class begins at 9 a.m.
5. They sometimes goes to the cinema.
6. She love chocolate.
7. We study French.
8. They lives in London.
9. He work in a restaurant.
10.Hina plays the guitar.
Re-write following sentences. Use present simple tense.
My teacher /drive/ a Mercedes.
I /live/ in Lahore.
They /go/ by bus.
Ayesha /play/ for school team.
She /get/ up early in the morning.
Train /leave/ at 6:00.
Choose words from box and write true sentence about yourself and your
partner(you can use the words more than once).
Sit, play, do not, speak, live, does not, sits, plays, lives, speaks
Punjabi at home.
Urdu at home.
in a big city.
next to each other in class.
Write about your daily routine (use present indefinite tense).