This is a tutorial I gave with my colleague Kenny Gryp at Percona Live 2016 in Santa Clara
Percona XtraDB Cluster is a high availability and high scalability solution for MySQL clustering. Percona XtraDB Cluster integrates Percona Server with the Galera synchronous replication library in a single product package, which enables you to create a cost-effective MySQL cluster.
For three years at Percona Live, we've introduced people to this technology... but what's next? This tutorial continues your education, and targets users that already have experience with Percona XtraDB Cluster and want to go further.
This tutorial will cover the following topics:
- Bootstrapping in details
- certification errors, understanding and preventing them
- Replication failures, how to deal with them
- Secrets of Galera Cache
- Mastering flow control
- Understanding and verifying replication throughput
- How to use WAN replication
- Implications of consistent reads
- Load balancers and proxy protocol