Google loves words
• Title tag describing the page contents
• Meta description tag explaining whats offered
• Page headings and sub headings summarise
• Images tagged with descriptive keywords
• Descriptive text and links to other pages
• Original, well written structured text and lots of it
Meta tags, titles, descriptions and everywhere else that it
makes sense to put relevant text in the page.
Google loves enthusiasm
• Detailed, interesting websites that provide solutions
• Fast loading, high quality, detailed pages and blogs
• Mix of information and media: text, lists, tables,
quotes, photos, pdf, video, audio, links.
• Trusted brands, real businesses and people
• Links and citations referencing your website
• Pages that people like to stay on and read more
Google loves this
Real business with contact details, tidy layout, logical
context, well written, appropriate images and links.
Google hates spam
• Google’s engineers and moderators go to
incredible lengths to weed out the junk websites
• If you produce ﬂimsy, plagiarised content then
expect to be slapped down into search obscurity
• It’s not easy to ﬁnd spammy websites in Google
that are useless and poor quality, hint hint
• Produce junk at your peril, it’s a waste of time and
and could damage the credibility of a website.
Google hates this
Poorly written, spelling and grammar errors, lacks
context, irrelevant links, not a real business…ads.
Google loves linking:
• Citations on prominent business directories
• Links on relevant topic and local websites
• Reviews and ratings on testimonial sites
• Shares and links on social media pages
• Referrals from forums and news sites
• Google maps local listings
Google loves citations
Get your business listed in prominent business
directories like TrueLocal, Dlook and YellowPages
Google loves links
Relevant links that have appropriate context on credible
websites where your link is logically related.
Google loves reviews
Client testimonials on review and directory sites like
womo, YellowPages, TrueLocal, DLook etc.
Google loves shares
Share links to your pages and blog posts on Facebook
pages, Google+ Pages and twitter.
Google loves referrals
Contribute in a meaningful way to relevant forums and
news or media websites that will link to you.
Google loves local
Manage and update your Google+ Local (maps) listing
and stuff it full of relevant words, images and videos.
What have we learnt?
1. Build a good website that provides solutions
2. Fill your website with interesting original content
3. Add your business to prominent directories
4. Get reviews and testimonials externally veriﬁed
5. Find other websites and pages to link to you
6. Fill your Google+ local listing with information
Would you like help?
A lot of these methods to get Google love you can DIY
We provide free guides on www.jezweb.info
Jeremy and the team at Jezweb can do it all for you
www.jezweb.com.au - email@example.com