- Create a blog in your classroom. Start with
having your students write about themselves.
They may write in their first language if they
choose. Encourage them to share their pictures,
poems, short stories etc. Give them class time to
read each others' blogs and have them write
Create and video tape a skit of the “word of the
day”. Or find pictures to illustrate the word and
● Word: happy
● Happy people
● Two girls, one boy,
and two dogs are
PowerPoint presentations can be about anything.
Easy subjects like space (planets) or animals are excellent
for PowerPoint presentations. It's not hard to teach kids
how to make a presentation. Start with 3 or 4
Slides. For example...
● Venus in the 2nd planet from the
● It was named after the Roman
goddess of love and beauty.
● It is sometimes called Earth's sister
planet because it is similar in size
and gravity to Earth.
● It is the 2nd brightest light in the
night sky (moon is the brightest).
Classroom Web Page
● There are free web page templates you can use
online (wix is one).
● Create and design a web page.
● Post kid's work and classroom news.
● Give the web address to parents.
● Include links to educational games.
● Most kids love to use the computer to research science
and social studies topics.
● Show them how to use wikipedia and they will find out
everything they can about a topic. My class fought over
the one computer in my classroom until I set up a
● I had some that wanted to skip recess to do research!
Using videos to supplement your teaching is a
great way to get kids engaged in what they are
learning. I've used a few in my classroom and
kids have told me that they loved watching
them. Search youtube for ideas. I found
several great videos for my geography unit.
I hope these ideas have been
● Blogs ● Class web
● Word of the page
Day ● Research
Have fun trying these things with your class!