Telaeris Company LinkedIn
What can I expect to learn?
• Steps to creating your optimal page
• How to best set up your profile for
• effectively search for contacts within
any company or industry
• How to build your personal network
• Strategic ways to boost your personal
and professional credibility
• How to build relationships!
Keys to a Stellar Profile
• Make sure your profile is 100%
complete! LinkedIn rewards you by
giving you higher profile rankings!
• You are much more likely to receive
opportunities with a complete page
• Be creative and detailed
• Give your profile character by
providing both professional and
• Find areas of interest that other
people can connect with you on
Editing Your LinkedIn Profile
• Professional and Personal Keys
– Many More!
SEO Your LinkedIn Profile!
• When setting up your profile, use very
– Summary (Workshop)
• People don’t typically search for
position, they search for profession
• Key words throughout profile make
you easier to find
• Creative Tagline?
• Great key words can make up for a lack
Keys to Adding Contacts
• First Step: Sync and add contacts
• Every time you speak with someone
new, try to add them to your
• Browse suggested people daily to
grow your network
How To Search
LinkedIn’s Advanced search allows you
to be very descriptive
– The more descriptive the search, the
narrower your results
• Search by location, company and title
• Use the search tool to find
• Once someone is a connection, you
have “access” to their connections
• Connect with only people you know!
• With new contacts, send a message
saying “it was nice to meet you at…”
• You may ask others to introduce you to
• If a connection is awesome, you may make a
recommendation describing them
• The more specific you are, the more valuable
the recommendation will be
• Let the connection pre-screen your
recommendation – ask if there is anything
that they would like you to change
• recommendations let you increase both your
and your connections’ credibility
• Do not request a recommendation from
someone who doesn’t know you well!
• Join strategically useful groups
• join as many as possible – 50 groups max!
• Be active – Lots of questions are asked, be
available to provide professional opinions
• Do not just be self promoting
• Gain credibility and influence by being part of
• Once you are part of a group you can see all
group members and can contact them
Creating Your Own Group
• Over ONE MILLION groups on LinkedIn
• You can create your own!
– make your group stand out
– Logo should be visually appealing
– Generate a creative group name
– Don’t duplicate other groups
• If you own a group, be very active in it. Make it
as valuable to its members as possible.
Use Gmail to Improve Groups Pt. 1
LinkedIn Group emails can be overwhelming!
Here’s how to make it manageable
1. In LinkedIn Group,
Use Gmail to Improve Groups Pt. 2
2. Create Filter #1 from any group
email by clicking more button
3. “Filter messages like these”
4. Put “your key words” in the
“has the words” box
“Create filter with
this search >>”
Use Gmail to Improve Groups Pt. 3
6. skip showing
in your inbox
7. Apply the label
8. Create the Filter
Use Gmail to Improve Groups Pt. 4
9. Create Filter #2
by following steps
2 through 5, but
this time leave
10. Click on the
11.Create the Filter
Use Gmail to Improve Groups Pt. 5
You now will have created two filters to
manage your LinkedIn groups e-mails
Filter #1- LinkedIn Group e-mails with relevant
topics that you are an expert in, Emails that
might be able to assist by answering, or will
possibly connect you with a customer.
Filter #2 – Delete unnecessary Flood of
LinkedIn Group e-mails that you probably don’t
have time to read anyways.
Customize as needed!