English version s maria degli angeli e la porziuncola
Photographs and original elaborations of Antonio Florino Automatic feed except the photos 2 and29
His supple and elegant silhouette stands out in the middle of the Umbrian Valley North. It is one of the largest temples of Christianity. Measuring 75 meters in height (to top of the dome), 126 meters long and 65 wide. The construction has a very precise date: 25 March 1569. To lay the foundation stone was the bishop of Assisi Philip Geri. The project was drawn up by the architect Galeazzo Alessi Perugia (who gave advice and Giulio Danti, Vignola). The work was completed only in 1679 . The base of the facade was thrown at the end of the sixteenth century. It brought very considerable damage in the earthquake of 1832. It was rebuilt by Luigi Poletti. The current neo-Renaissance-style facade with a portico was added in this century, between 1924 and 1930, designed by Cesare Bazzani. In 1930 it was pure gold statue of Our Lady of the Angels, by the sculptor Colasanti, and he did talk about himself in 1948 when many pilgrims swore they had seen her muovere.Il forecourt arrangement found only in 1950 (architect Nicolosi). The dome, again of Galeazzo Alessi, was finished in 1680. During the same period, with some significant variations with respect to the original plan, the tower was completed Inside the Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels, is precisely the Porziuncola. Petite, size made even smaller by the size of the building above. He has a regular line and was built with local stone, the walls and the tiny apse remained its original state while the facade was painted almost entirely in 1830 by Frederick Overbek. The angels escorted the Holy One, clearly visible on the right, within the temple where Christ and the Virgin Mary appears. It is the representation and the granting of a pardon. The wooden door is of the fifteenth century and has floral decorations. At the top of the front is a small bell tower of Gothic inspiration
The gilt bronze sculpture of the Madonna is visible from many miles away
Tradition dates the building of the Porziuncola to the fourth century by hermits from Palestine. In 576 it would have taken possession of St. Benedict himself, for his monks. The Porziuncola was the third church sheltered from San Francisco after his vocation while he was praying before the crucifix of San Damiano, he heard a voice saying: "go 'and repair my church." The building at the time depended on the monastery of St. Benedict became the Subasio.La Portiuncula for Francis particular place and you often stood in prayer, and here she knew she had to live "according to the Holy Gospel." Just from the Porziuncola Francis sent the first brothers to proclaim peace. On 2 August 1216 with the presence of seven bishops of Umbria the small building was consecrated and was proclaimed the so-called "Pardon of Assisi." Portiuncula In addition, St. Clare's sister renounced the world and embraced poverty and here Francis died on the evening October 3 1226.La church is built with stone quarried from the mountain Subasio.L 'internal  The interior consists of a single classroom with a small apse, "closed" from an altarpiece dated 1393, by the Hilary Viterbo.Il painter from small building (only 4 meters to 7) still retains the fourteenth-century structures, including roof coverage in white and pink marble. The recent restoration, due to the earthquake of 1997 and completed in 1999, has revived the original floor in "earthenware" which was then covered by structures cinquecentesche.L 'external  Pietro Vannucci (attr.), the CrocifissionSull'arco entrance, on the gold band that frames the painting of the facade are the words, "Your request Francesco welcome" spoken by Jesus in response to the request of the Holy: that all those who repented and confessed, they will come visit this church, give full and generous forgiveness, with a complete remission of all sins. To mark the entrance to the place of indulgence other two short inscriptions, engraved on a threshold: Hic locus sanctus est (this place is holy) and the other written at the base of the fresco above the door: Haec east door aeternae vitae (this is the gate of eternal life). The entrance to the Porziuncola is disproportionate, as is the side door open in the nineteenth century to allow the flow of large crowds of pilgrims. On the right side is posted outside one of the oldest inscriptions of the Order: the headstone of the tomb of Pietro Cattani, who died March 10, 1221 when Francis was still alive. It is said that crowds of devotees flocked to his tomb disturbing prayer of the monks, then Francesco Cattani urged to be obedient in death as it had been in life and, therefore, ordered him not to do many miracles. So avvenne.L 'fresco on the facade of the Nazarene painter Friedrich Overbeck (1830) and is represented Francis and Mary asks Jesus to grant a plenary indulgence. Above, a lantern in the Gothic style (XV-XVI century) with a statue of the Virgin, the Madonna of the milk from the early fourteenth century. On the outer wall of the apse with a fresco depicting the Crucifixion, recently cleaned, which seems to recognize the hand of the painter Pietro Vannucci, called Perugino, is what remains of a larger fresco that covered the wall of the convent of the XVI century, demolished when the Porziuncola became part of the great basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli, built at the behest of Pope Pius V, in the years 1569-1679, designed by Galeazzo Alessi.