Automatic feed except the slide 2 Photographs and original elaborations by Antonio Florino English version
The Basilica of Santa Chiara is situated on the homonymous square, and was built above the church of St.Giorgio. Here St Franesco was buried after his death in Portiuncula, and there was canonized, but then were taken to the Basilica. The Basilica of Santa Chiara was built in 1257, the Italian Gothic style and was consecrated in 1265.The front is very simple and is covered by the famous "stone of Assisi" colored white and pink ;on the sides of the portal there are two lions and above is the beautiful rose window concentric circles between two columns . There is a square bell tower and finds himself on the right of the apse. This church was designed by Brother Filippo da Campello. The church has one nave with Gothic vaults, which the left side has traces of frescoes. To the right of the nave is the Chapel of the Crucifix Crucifix which preserves the twelfth century. that spoke to St. Francis in SanDamiano. Behaind a grating to have preserved some relics including: the cassock and breviary of St. Francis, St. Clare embroidered gown, the robe and mantle of the Saint, and inside a box are they kept their hair. In the Chapel of the Sacrament, there are frescoes from the grotesque, and on the left side, in the middle, there is a Christ who comes down from the cross, and parts of boxes there is the descent into the tomb and the Resurrection. On the opposite side of the aisle, there is the Chapel of St. Agnes of the fourteenth century. with windows and decorations of the 900. The Presbytery made sails representing the figures of saints painted by Maso di Stefano said Grottino. On the altar there is a crucifix on the right side of the transept '200e is a valuable table of the Master of St. Clare of the thirteenth century. depicting the Holy and the most significant moments of his life. In the transept, a fresco of the death of St. Clare, and to the left is a table with His Majesty the thirteenth century. and part of a fresco depicting the Nativity. Below the aisle, go down to enter the crypt was built between 1850 and 1872, where is the body of the saint. In 1850 the remains were found in the tomb under the altar and have recently redone the mask, the hands and feet of the resin body of the saint. Walking up a narrow staircase, you can see the tomb where the body was buried. St. Clare died in 1253, and after two years was canonized by Pope Alexander IV.
As previously stated, we are the arch that separates us from the Basilica
by Aflo [email_address] The visit is over, back to the door of Via Corso Mazzini and Piazza del Comune to take the shuttle that will take us to the car parks outside the walls ... but does not end here. See you soon, bye