Time to work on my dreams? Time Management Author: Daniel W. Crompton
Time to work on my dreams!
What are my goals?
Plan Goals From Big to Small
- Learning to fly consists of:
- Break large time consuming tasks into smaller tasks
- Having a lesson consists of:
Plan Goals From Big to Small (cont.)
- Combine tasks if it makes the tasks easier
- Need to mail two letters schedule them together
- Have your children take out the trash!
- Get a cleaner to clean your house!
How do you want to use your time?
Plan Time From Year to Hour
- Everybody should have a 5 year plan!
- What does it breakdown to for this year?
- What are my goals for each: Month? Week? Day?
- Make an hourly task list for the day
- Buy Post Its write down tasks
- Stick them on the desk in the days of the week
- You live 24/7! So schedule 24/7!
Assigning Value to Task
- Assign value to a task before adding it!
How are you using your time?
Evaluate Your Time
- Keep a Time Management Journal for 3 months
- Start Time ( end time of last task )
Evaluate Your Time (cont.)
- Keep a Time Management Success Journal
- Track time in 15 minute intervals
- Categorize (Private/Business/Project)
- Total Time Spent in Category
- Was the Task Completed Successfully?