Social Media Case Study : How High Street Phoenix saw shopping of more than 60lac with its contests
Shop Download win
Centre : High Street Phoenix
What is Shop Download Win?
• High Street Phoenix, India’s most admired shopping
destination, hosted its annual festival called ‘Shop. Download,
Win' between 15th July and 4th Aug.
• ‘Shop. Download. Win’ works on a traditional lucky draw
• However this year, High Street Phoenix gave a very
interesting and contemporary twist to this traditional event.
• To keep the audience engaged and entertained with exciting
• The event was innovated to integrate the recently launched
Go Phoenixing Mobile Application along with Social media
• While the two former service help the customer plan their
visit to the mall, Loyalty program rewards them for shopping
at the mall by simply entering their bill details in the
application, designed with a user-friendly interface.
How can a shopper participate?
• Shopper had to visit the SDW desk at the mall to collect
her/his coupon and download the mobile application
•They will have to then enter their bill details to ensure they
avail of the loyalty program on the application
The prizes were (worth Rs. 5.44 lacs)
- Bumper prize – International Holiday for 2 people worth Rs.1
- Weekly prizes – I-Phone 5 worth Rs. 1.5 lacs
- Daily prizes – Vouchers worth Rs. 8,000 + 1 Watch worth Rs.
6,000/-. Total value Rs. 2.94 lacs
Here is what happened
• To engage our online fans we promoted the activity on
Facebook & Twitter.
• Build a lot a pre-hype around the whole event online in terms
of teaser post which highlighted the ‘International Holiday’
• This way people were more excited to participate and buzz
was created on Twitter using the same strategy.
• Mobile App
• In mall sinage
• On ground event coordination
• Facebook Application
• Twitter Updates
The mobile application was effectively used to run the "Shop.
Download. Win" contest
The Go Phoenixing application was used by shoppers
- To enter the bill details during the contest
- To stay updated about daily winners
-To stay engaged with the contest buzz
Go Phoenixing application provides its users the luxury of
adding the bill details of there shopping done in the mobile
• The user entered bills are automatically verified at the
backend, and automatically get qualified to participate in the
• Apart from push notification, SMS infrastructure is also
used to notify the users about their transactions.
• Customer engagement is personalized in Go Phoenixing app.
Only a winner got the push notification declaring the award to
• The application was a simple Shop. Download. Win application
keeping in mind the non-shoppers and our online fans.
• Since not all of them could go down to the mall and shop, the
application served as a way to be eligible for the contest
sitting right at home!
• All they had to do was answer a simple question, which was
“What would you do with 1 Lakh rupees at High Street
• The best answers from the online applications went directly
to the lucky draw and were eligible for the bumper prize.
• The total number of participants for the SDW application
was 68, out of which a selected number of entries went into
the bumper draw for the contest.
• Hashtag for Twitter was #ShopDownloadWin where
followers were redirected to the Facebook application thus
boosting the participation.
• The winners were selected and announced on daily and weekly
basis while the bumper prize was announced on a specific date,
i.e. 26th August
• The results were announced on each of these platforms on a
regular basis – Mobile App, Facebook and Twitter
• Total shoppers downloaded the Mobile app and participated in
the contest – 677
• Total number of participants on the Facebook application –
• Total amount of shopping done linked to contest - Rs
• No of updates around contest favorited and shared – 181
• No of Facebook updates and likes – 39 updates + 246 likes
• Total number of winners for daily prize and final prizes - 24