2. • The capital city is Panama city!• Some Major cities -• Colon , David• La Palma & Santiago The Currency is a U.S dollar• This is the flag, --->• The main religion in panama is Roman Catholic• Language is Spanish!
3. Panama HistoryExplored by Columbus in 1502 and by Balboa in 1513, Panama was theprincipal shipping point to and from South and Central America in colonialdays. In 1821, when Central America revolted against Spain, Panama joinedColombia, which had already declared its independence. For the next 82years, Panama attempted unsuccessfully to break away from Colombia.Between 1850 and 1900 Panama had 40 administrations, 50 riots, 5attempted secessions, and 13 U.S. interventions. After a U.S. proposal forcanal rights over the narrow isthmus was rejected by Colombia, Panamaproclaimed its independence with U.S. backing in 1903.
4. •there is approximately3,405,813 people inpanama!!Here is a picture of whatthey where!!!----------------
5. The country’s rich biodiversity owes a great deal toits geological history. Around 65 million years ago,North and South America were joined by a landbridge not unlike what exists today. Around 50 millionyears ago however, the continents split apart andremained separate from one another for millions ofyearsToday, the interchange of species between North andSouth America is limited to winged migrations,though this annual event can be breathtaking tobehold.
6. The Panama Canal is an 82-kilometre ship canalin Panama that connects the Atlantic Ocean (viathe Caribbean Sea)to the Pacific Ocean. Thecanal cuts across the Isthmus of Panama and isa key conduit for international maritime trade.Work on the canal, which began in 1880, wascompleted in 1914
7. Ruben BladesIs a Panamanian salsa singer, songwriter,lawyer, actor, Latin jazz musician, andpolitician, performing musically most often inthe Afro-Cuban and Latin jazz genres. RubenBlades is often called the Renaissance manof Salsa. “As songwriter, Blades brought thelyrical sophistication of Central Americannueva canción and Cuban nueva trova aswell as experimental tempos and politicalinspired Nuyorican salsa to his music,creating thinking persons (salsa) dancemusic”. An innovative thinker who hasworked also as a poet, philosopher andpolitician, Ruben Blades is the mostrecognized Panamanian in the world.
8. Panama is the only place in the world where you can see the sun riseon the Pacific and set on the Atlantic."A man a plan a canal panama" is a palindromePanama City is the only capital city that has a rain forest within the city limitsThe population of Panama in 2003 was estimated by the United Nations at3,120,000, which placed it as number 129 in population among the 193 nations ofthe world, and the smallest population in Central America.
9. 1. What is the capital city of Panama? a) Santiago b) Panama City c) La Palma 2. What Language is spoken in Panama? a) Scottish b) French c) Spanish
10. 3. How long is the Panama Canal? a) 82 km b) 106 km c) 76 km4. What is their religion? a) Muslim b) Chinese c) Roman Catholic
11. 5. What is the three colours of the flag? a) blue yellow and green b) blue red and yellow c) blue red and white