mobileVotingVote atAny TimeAny WhereAny MobileSECURE MOBILE BASEDVOTING SYSTEMUnder The Guidance of:Ningappa.T.PPresented by:Suma.B(2TG07CS045)Veeramma.R.K(2TG07CS053)Vidya.H.B(2TG07CS055)Vijayalakshmi.S(2TG07CS058)
• Introduction• Overview of Mobile Technology• VoiceXML Architecture• VXML Components• JSP Overview• System Architecture• Phases of Mobile Voting Scheme• Internal Structure of 3-tier Architecture• Speech Recognition Process in Mobile Voting• DFD-Vote Casting• Testing• Advantages and Disadvantages of Proposed System• Conclusion and Future Enhancements• ReferencesOVERVIEW
EXISTING SYSTEM2.Electronic voting machine1.Ballot SystemElectronic voting machines are currently used for vote casting. These systemsallow the user to cast his vote reducing possible errors like wrong candidateselections and loss of votes, reducing manual work during counting. Still thesehave the drawbacks.
DRAWBACKS OF EXISTINGSYSTEM1.Queue for Vote 2.Travel to Vote 3.Elederly people
PROPOSED SYSTEM• Enabling the voter to vote with absolute confidentiality, nobody willever know what he/she voted.• Enabling the voter to vote from anywhere in the globe, wherever he/shewill be, and without needing any special Network, nor equipment ,nor apersonal computer(PC).• Enabling only the voter to vote, avoiding the possibility to “sell a vote”.Vote at•Any Time•Any Where•Any Mobile
• Uses Speech recognition technique to handle user requests and response.• The system is designed as such to be interactive and user friendly.• The voter is allowed to cast their vote or to know the results dependingupon their choice of selection.• The system authenticates the user using security information’s likebiometric id, voter id, year of birth, pin code.FEATUERS OF PROPOSEDSYSTEM
• In India all earlier elections be it state elections or centre elections a voterused to cast his/her vote to his/her favorite candidate by putting the stampagainst his/her name and then folding the ballot paper as per a prescribedmethod before putting it in the Ballot box. This is a long, time-consumingprocess and very much prone to errors.• This method wanted voters to be skilled voters to know how to put astamp, and methodical folding of ballot paper. Millions of paper would beprinted and heavy ballot boxes would be loaded and unloaded to and fromballot office to polling station.• A vote once recorded in an EVM cannot be tampered with, where as in theballot paper system the votes marked and put into the box can be pulled outand destroyed.INTRODUCTIONINTRODUCTION
.• The followings are requirements that should be considered for secure andtrustworthy e-voting.- The relation between voter and vote content should not be revealed.- The result of a poll should be retained as a secret before counting theballot.- A voter can cast his vote just one time.- Only an identified person by an e-voting device can participate in e-voting.- Other people excepting a voter himself should not know the vote content.- It is not permitted to rig the ballot.Cont….
• IVRS:The Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System serves as a bridge betweenpeople and computer databases by connecting the telephone network withthe database.The IVR system uses pre-recorded or computer generated voice responsesto provide information in response to an input from a telephone caller.• VOICEXML:VoiceXML (VXML) is the W3Cs standard XML format for specifyinginteractive voice dialogues between a human and a computer.OVERVIEW OF MOBILETECHNOLOGY
VXML COMPONENTS• PSTN -Public Switched Telephone NetworkThe network which is used for connecting telephone calls. PSTN is theworlds collection of interconnected voice-oriented public telephonenetworks, both commercial and government-owned.• TTS-Text To Speech EngineText to speech is a way of playing dynamic text to user where as the .wavfile will play only static (recorded) message.For example if you want to play standard greeting message "Welcome toMobile Voting" then we can play greeting .wav to the customer. If we wantto play the current balance of your bank account then it is better to go withTTS. Just pass the text and it will convert that to voice and that will beplayed to the Voter.VXML COMPONENTS
• JSP may be viewed as a high-level abstraction of Java servlets. JSP pagesare loaded in the server and operated from a structured special installedJava server packet called a Java EE Web Application, often packaged asa .war or .ear file archive.• JSP allows Java code and certain pre-defined actions to be interleavedwith static web markup content, with the resulting page being compiledand executed on the server to deliver an HTML or XML document.• JSP syntax is a fluid mix of two basic content forms: scriptlet elements andmarkup. Markup is typically standard HTML or XML, while scriptletelements are delimited blocks of Java code which may be intermixed withthe markup.JSP OVERVIEW
• Using Java for outputting VXML offers you severaladvantages. Flexibility. Reactivity Extensibility.• For creating a dynamic VoiceXML, you include two typesof files: Static VoiceXML page Dynamic JavaServer PageVoiceXML USING JSP
• Voting Device (Mobile/Land Phone):In our scheme, the voting device corresponds to the mobile equipment(ME), which consists of a SIM card.• Authentication Centre (AC):AC is an entity within the GSM network.AC generates the authenticationparameters and authenticates the mobile equipment. Apart fromauthenticating the mobile equipment, AC is also an important informationdistribution server in the proposed scheme. AC needs to be trusted totransfer the messages as required.SERVER MODULE DISCREPTION
• Verification Server (VS):VS belong to the voting authority, who organizes the voting event. Itverifies the legitimacy of the voter and issues a voting token to the voter.VS also publish a list of voter information.• Collecting and Counting Server (CS):CS is the server that collects and counts the votes to give the finalresult. CS’s action need to be audited by all candidate parties.Cont…
In this section, we outline our mobile voting scheme.• Voters Authentication Phase:In this phase Election commission is responsible to verify the authenticityof the voters. If the voter is authentic then only he will be allowed toparticipate in the next steps of voting.• Voting Phase:In this phase, the voter dial a designated phone number and follow theinstructions using a password already provided. The voter selects the appropriate option to vote the particular party. The voter checks the signature and retrieves the VS- signed voter, voterID.PHAGES OF MOBILE VOTINGSCHEMES
• Counting Phase:Counting Phase At the scheduled time of counting CS decrypts the ballotand checks whether the voting token is valid or not. If it is valid it will becounted else it will be rejected.• Security Analysis Authentication only the authorized voters can vote. Privacy all votes remain secret while the voting takes place and eachindividual vote cannot be linked to the voter who casts it.Cont…
• White Box Testing: By using this technique it was tested that all the individual logical pathswere executed at least once. All the logical decisions were tested on both their true and false sides• UNIT TESTING: This is the first and the most important level of testing. As soon as theprogrammer develops a unit of code the unit is tested for various scenarios. As the application is built it is much more economical to find and eliminatethe bugs early on. Hence Unit Testing is the most important of all thetesting levels.TESTING
• INTEGRATION TESTING: Since Integration Testing focuses on Integration of components andcomponents can be built by different developers and even differentdevelopment teams, it is important the right versions of components aretested.• SYSTEM TESTING(Black Box Testing): By the use of this technique the missing functions were identified andplaced in their positions. The errors in the interfaces were identified and corrected. This technique was also used to identify the initialization and terminationerrors and correct them.Cont…
ADVANTAGES OF PROPOSEDSYSTEM• Improve accessibility to elderly people, disabled and blind peoples.• Increased participation rate.• Improve accessibility to people living abroad or travelling at voting time.• Reduces voting costs.
• Electronic failures might occur with such a system.• Other generation may not be comfortable in using the system.DISADVANTAGES OF PROPOSEDSYSTEM
• This system allows the user to cast his vote with high level ofconfidentiality and keep voters away from the possible threats like boothcapturing and it may increase the voter turnouts in remote areas and evenin urban areas.• Since the system operates on IVR platform the voter session will beinteractive and user friendly which makes the user to feel in a verycomfortable zone. The system provides security features like checking theunique identification number of the voter.CONCLUSION
• As a measure of security features mobile devices allows theuser to make use of biometric information’s which are uniqueto individuals.For example voice biometrics can be used with voiceXML toauthenticate a user. Similarly finger prints can also be usedwith mobiles that provide those options.FUTURE ENHANCEMENT
• Creating VoiceXML pages within a Java Web developer frameworkhttp://www.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-voicexml• VoiceXML Tutorialshttp://www.vxml.org• JSP and Servlets Tutorialhttp://java.sun.com/javaee/reference/tutorialsREFERENCES