One of the goals of an advertising investment in the media is to increase
The goal is to contact potential clients close to the store by sending
personalized messages, encouraging them to make a purchase.
Influence of local web on purchase cycle,
Knowledge Interest Consideration Preference Purchase
Sphere of influence of
Identifying users’ geographic location(by GPS) and then sending targeted
content based on that location.
Optimising the local impact of advertising investments
Gaining loyalty of our distributors/retailers (other intermediaries)
Successfully responding to customers need for local information
Optimising an organic presence in search engine results (SEO)
Concepts & Benefits
Channels in Local Digital Marketing Ecosystem
Local DealsLocal Search
This involves accessing a brand’s website in a personalised way, depending on a
person’s location at any given time.
Replaced single national website
Made website adapted to each location
Calculate the route to include the
closest Dunkin Donuts
• Local deal pages also called daily deals are portals that offer exclusive discount
organised by city
• Each discount has to be picked up by a minimum number of people and is
available on website for a period of 24 hours only.
Location Based Services
• LBS provide users with personalized service based on their geolocation.
• The way these services work on is based on check-ins.
User reach a
User checks in
GPS or WiFi
• These check-ins allow brands to know who is in their store
• They can use this information for commercial purpose
Within the ecosystem of local web these are the websites that aggregate reviews
of restaurants, shops and hotels
Every time a customer share an experience
about a Tasti D-Lite establishment on Twitter,
Facebook, he or she receives point through
company’s loyalty program
Advertising & Alerts
• There are many advertising formats that incorporate geolocation
• Companies buy display advertising for both desktop and other devices
As user enter one of the participating stores
the application will open by itself to show the
deals of the day or personalised deals
The Value of Local Information
• Information is invaluable to companies.
• Cell phones leave trail of information about the place they have been carried.
• This information combined with other information on taste, uses etc can be
extremely useful for business
Install receivers in different part of a shopping
centre so that manager can see how many
people are in each area at different times of the
• Tweets and comments are also important source of information.
• A brand may be interested in knowing whether the tweets about it originate in
different cities or neighbourhoods.
• The marketing campaign should always have clear goals.
• Example of a small clothing store, wherein the goal is to increase traffic,
Registering the store on Google places
Set up a small PPC campaign to promote your flagship brands
Create a Foursquare account that includes,
1. Promotions in exchange for checking in at the store
2. Special offer for the first check-in (like 20% discount)
Launching a Campaign
The evolution of marketing today signifies the fact that the
local digital marketing can be much more effective than
national marketing when guiding customers through the “final
moments in the purchase cycle” in to your store so that they
make a purchase
Google Inside Maps – people use smartphones to find different sections of a building or a mall
Companies need to keep their information updated all the time on the net