• How do I know this is good supplier?
• What are the signs this is good supplier?
• How do I know the quality is good?
• How do I ensure the goods are the same as the sample?
• How do I communicate with them?
• What certification is needed to import the product?
• When should I be paying for a product?
History is great predictor of the future
• The product is faulty
• The goods won’t be ready for months
• The packaging is very poor quality
• The cartons have no markings
• The cartons are too heavy
• They have changed the product without talking to me
You must have checks and measures in place to catch mistakes
The Main Steps
- Pre Production Sample
- Making sure the PO has all the correct details (most of the time this is your contract)
- Sending Payments to China
- Production Inspection
- Production Samples
- Pre Shipment Inspection
- Final Payment
• Its costing me more than I expected
• How should I be buying the goods? FOB, CIF, EXW?
• My goods arrived damaged?
• I seem to be paying more than expected on arrival. Why?
• What are the import cost?
• My goods have been stuck in customs for months. Why?
- Know your product
- Verify your factory
- Check on production and the goods before
you pay for them
- Know your purchasing terms
- Have your documents ready for import