Facebook for retailers (Varier, webinar #1) - 17.11.2016
Retailer Marketing Academy
Facebook for retailers (Webinar #1) starts 1:00
Agenda for this webinar
• Introduction – who am I and why am I speaking
• About the webinars
• Digital overview in the customer journey
• Social media overview
• Facebook – Deep dive in numbers
• Facebook – For retailers, what to do
• Sum up and questions
Why me / us?
• Founder/Senior Digital
Marketing Specialist at
• Experience from before
Google (First PC 1996, First
• Google Premier Partner
• Facebook Managed Agency
• Extremely specialized team
working from Denmark
Why this webinar?
• Varier wants to grow their business
• Varier wants YOU to grow – both in Varier sales and
• Digital revolution – problems and opportunities – lets face
• Produced in collaboration with Frode Karlsen, Linda
Ødegaard, Kasper Eriksen and the rest of the marketing
yes we have to!
• English, I´ll do my best
• Global trends, might
differ from your country
• We want to inspire you
to do it yourself!
• Feedback is very much
• Webinar will be recorded and
• Please ask questions, write
them and I´ll catch up on the
fly – both technical or my
• Sum up and more questions
in the end.
• Time is around ~45 minutes
depending on my speed and
Marketing trends/insights – To you from
content is king!
Micro Marketing –
everyone can fight
Physical and online
Everything is beta –
join the party!
Self service will
get you far!
1) Research online
2) Research offline
Understand your strenghts
and how you can get a
Social media overview and overload
….and many many more
What is a good network for us?
There needs to be users!
Users must be ready to get attacked by
The media must embrace us as a business
Why focus on Facebook
The biggest (users and reach)
- Advertising platform
- Business tools
- Results for all types of clients
- Users are ready for commercials
Where do we use FB?
Going to sleep
Bored with what they´re doing
Give the user something interesting and they are happy!
Relevance + Customers looking for something exciting =
Facebook for a Varier Retailer
Create and optimize your page (its free )
Communicate – page and chat
Create/Claim your page
15 minutes task If you don’t, someone else will
Yes – we have a page, what to do!
Talk to customers
But what should we talk about?
What do your customers find interesting?
No bad posts!
Try out and see reactions
Get to know your fans!
• If you post likes will come
• Advertise in your store (banners, talk about it)
• Advertise on Facebook (later)
• Remember – relevance beats high numbers –
don’t go on fiverr.com
Talk to customers
A new inbox
Two way communication
Access to all users on Facebook
Budget from 1$ pr. day / Pay as you go / Self service
Potential reach is 100% of Facebook
Users love adverts
2 ways to get to the advertising portal
Adverts manager / Power editor
Facebook ads in 4 steps
Take-aways from today!
1. Embrace digital – it will help you!
2. Facebook is plug and play – try it out – nothing to lose!
3. Advertising – you need to try it!
1. Create a Facebook page and do 1-2 posts pr. week
2. Try advertising out – just with a tiny budget.
Questions – thank you for your time / Slides will be sent