Mentor women 10 07-2013-7 Habits to Creativity_public
Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Stavriana A. Kofteros
Startup Catalyst. Entrepreneurship Evangelist.
• Curator Cyprus Startup Digest
• Organizer Startup Live Cyprus
• Organizer Cyprus Startup Weekend
• F.M. Cypriot Enterprise Link Association
• F.M. Startup Cyprus Initiative
• Day Job:
– Special Entrepreneurship & RDI Adviser Democratic Rally
– Deputy Spokesperson Democratic Rally
What we need +
• Holistic Understanding of E/I
– Job CREATION
– Culture, way of thinking
• Geeks are cool!
• Active integration in education
– Entrepreneurship Development
– Way of Thinking
• Creativity leads to innovation
• Thinking outside the box (what box?)
• Problem solving ability
Skills for a Lifetime
• Open Mindness
• Critical Thinking
• Thinking outside the
• Self Confidence
• Innovation Planet
– We made the buttons on the screen look so good
you’ll want to lick them
– Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a
• Talent in Team
– They have to be really smart. But the real issue for me
is, Are they going to fall in love with Apple?
– We went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, ‘Hey, we
don’t need you. You haven’t got through college yet
Creativity is thinking the big idea.
Innovation is implementing the idea …
by converting the idea into a profitable business.
• Searching for new opportunities with passion
• Go after opportunities with immense
• Go after only the best opportunities
• Focus on implementation
Development of Vital Skills
• Analysis & Problem Solving Ability
• Calculated Risk
• Learning from Failure
• Its not about the idea
• Hard work
• Laser Focus
Invention / Innovation is 1%
and 99% perspiration
2. Get over it!
• “think outside the box”
• Break the box sitting in
• Help your kids, friends,
… break their box!
3. Take a Risk, Make mistakes
• Mistakes are an experiment
• Failed, so What?
• Its Knowledge
I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000
ways that won’t work
4. Idea in the Shower Phenomenon
• Be calm. Calm invites
acceptance in tapping
into our creativity
• Find your own creativity
5. Put It on paper!
• Note it! Paint it!
• Discover your own
method to tap into
6. Discover the motives
• Ideas come from ideas
• Edison was not the first
to discover the lamp
• He was the first to make
them last longer
Expose yourself to
new ideas, search for
motives, see how you
can combine ideas to
enhance an existing
• Be Curious!
• Look for alternative
• Practice in seeing things differently
• Ask a lot of questions
• Challenge the norm or existing way