Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Evaluation activity 7

281 views

Published on

Evaluation activity 7

  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Evaluation activity 7

  1. 1. Looking back at your prelim task, what have you learnt in the progression from that to the final product?
  2. 2.  In comparison to my preliminary task, my final product incorporated a wider range of camera shots as well as camera movements which hugely improved the overall result.  In my preliminary task I incorporated only a couple of shots which were; medium shot, tracking shot, zoom and over the shoulder shots. Most of these shots were stationary which made my preliminary task a bit boring. Due to this, we realized that we needed to incorporate more different shots and include a wider range of movement in order to improve the quality of the film and reduce apathy. Therefore, in my final product I included different shots like close ups to emphasize the emotions of the characters ate each stage of the film, P.O.V in order to engage the audience and keep them entertained, for example when Stephan first wakes up and sees blur. I also used low angle shots as well as high angle shots in order to emphasize the superiority and inferiority of the characters in my final product which also makes the audience feel vulnerable. We also used a two shot where we show both Stephan and Sydney to emphasize the possible violence that will occur.
  3. 3.  In terms of composition of our shots in the opening sequence of a film, we made sure that they definitely improved. We made sure we used only the shots we needed and wasted as little space as possible in order to keep the audience engaged with our product. However, there were still occasions where the some space was wasted, for example, on the two shot which included both characters there was some wasted space on the top and bottom of the screen which may have lead the audience to disengage. Nevertheless, we thought that the rest of the cinematographing flowed really well and allowed an efficient outcome matching all of the action.  As well as this, during the preliminary task me as the cinematographer, I struggled a lot with the 180-degree rule and always forgot that I couldn’t break it and it therefore slowed me down. Due to this, I made sure familiarized my self with this rule and ensured that this wouldn't be a limitation in my final product. I can say that this was a success as I didn’t struggle with the 180 degree rule at all as I learnt from my previous mistakes.
  4. 4.  We sat with the editor in order to ensure that the lighting matched the scenes and made them flow due to the fact that lighting was an issue in the preliminary task. We can say that we have successfully achieved that in the majority of the scenes and where possible which made the product more of a success.  The editing in our final product is much more refined in comparison to our preliminary task as we were able to incorporate different editing more complex editing techniques like a cross cut, fade, and special effects which we weren’t able to incorporate in our preliminary task. This made the film more intriguing and kept the audience engaged and entertained. These also allowed us to unambiguously exemplify the scenes and the purpose of them, in addition the synchronous actions and the well used score music aided the emphasis of the scenes and allowed the film to have a different vibe to it and made it much more enjoyable.
  5. 5.  During the production of the preliminary task I remember that usage of the match on action was not efficient and effective, this is due to the fact that we added two shots which were supposedly happening at the same time which may have disrupted the real time feeling of the clip.  Therefore me and the director made sure we sat down with the editor and made sure everything flowed well and no error such as the previous one in the preliminary task happened. Fortunately, our editor was really good and he managed to do a great job in making the shots flow and matching it to real time action.
  6. 6.  Another complication we faced was the use of shot reverse shot in our preliminary task. During this we left too much wasted and unnecessary space on the outsides of the shots making the person on the other side look smaller which may disengage the audience. As well as this, the lighting differed when filming the two different characters which made the shots flow less. Additionally, we did not leave the over the shoulder shots on for a long enough time.
  7. 7.  Therefore we ensured that our final product had tight over the shoulder shots and no space was wasted in order to keep the audience engaged. As well as this, we made sure the lighting was correct and it conformed to each over the shoulder shots in order to make the shots flow better and make it more realistic and conform to a real media product.
  8. 8.  Overall, I feel as though I have progressed immensely from the first time I started filming in the preliminary task. I have learned a lot of new skills and I now understand the camera much better than I did the first time and was able to convey these skills into the final production. This was a very good experience overall as I was able to develop my team working skills as I had to work with two other members who also carried out their roles in the best way possible, facilitating our work as a group as we were able to work well with each other. We all got some good reviews and most people seem to have liked our opening sequence which is very important to us.

×