Routines & Lesson Plans
• Class will always begin with a “class
starter” to develop writing and
• This course will be mainly project-based.
• Vocabulary card sets will be due with
each project. Review them often!
• A big part of your grade depends on
your ability to reflect on your
participation and learning growth at
the end of the day and after each
• ALL LESSON PLANS & ASSIGNMENTS
• Designed to prepare students for class assignments and/or extend
learning beyond the classroom.
• Students should expect some out-of-class work in the form of larger
projects or assignments to assess skills and knowledge over long-
range time period. In addition, much of your reading will be done
OUTSIDE of class.
• Not completing homework affects your participation and reflection
New Life Policy
Just like in a video-game, if you turn your assignments in
complete and on time and don’t like your grade, you are
allowed to “try again” and improve. (Not true for exams or
• Students must turn in a “Missing
Work Log” in lieu of the
• 10% of points deducted for each
day late. Over 3 days = NO
• Late work cancels New Life Policy
• Responsibility of the student to check website &
contact a friend when absent.
• Work should be made up within one day for each
class day missed.
If you are sick (with a
doctor’s note!) and
miss an exam, you will
be asked to write an
in-class essay to make
But really, just remember to…
and you’ll be just fine