When the former Greenville Convention & Visitors Bureau approached Brains on Fire about creating a new identity for our hometown, they didn’t have to ask twice. This was far more than an identity project; it was an opportunity to foster a greater sense of community within our community. With 36 Greenvilles in the United States, we would need to identify that “something special” that really sets us apart.
In this session, Brains on Fire Word of Mouth Inspiration Officer, Geno Church share the evolution of THAT Greenville, SC and the #yeahTHATgreenville hashtag.
You’ll learn how WOM and traditional advertising worked in tandem to turn a dot on the map into an award-winning destination and a thriving community of loud, proud and passionate advocates. Sure, there may be 36 Greenvilles in the U.S., but there’s only one #yeahTHATGreenville.
1. Visual is powerful. Don’t limit yourself to looking at content as a way to relay information. Content should be art.
2. Success requires both WOM and traditional marketing. A happy partnership between the two can support, boost and enhance the other when they work in tandem.
3. Insight is key. Doing your homework ahead of time allows you to unearth and tap into existing pride and energy.
4. Don’t be afraid to let go. Allow the community to take the reins, own it and make it their own.
5. Keep things fresh. Continually seek out new opportunities and ways to reenergize and engage the community.
during interviews when
we asked people about
what they did, everyone
talked about THAT
restaurant being their
favorite place or THAT
hike being their favorite
thing to do or THAT store
being their favorite place
to shop. There was a
THAT for everyone.
A "THAT" for every person.