1. An Organizational study conducted at the Alleppey Company Ltd, Allapuzha SUBMITTED BY GINO.C.SUNNY PRINCE.P.V
2. OBJECTIVES To study the roles played by the H R department in alleppey company To study wheather H R department helps to increase employee morale. To understand the functioning of the finance dept and its impact To analyse the strength and weakness of the company. To understand about the functions of various departments in the organisations.
3. METHODOLOGYTwo types of data collection1) primary data personal interaction Through asking questions with officers Direct observation of the performance of various task
4. Cntnd...2) secondary data Articles in company websites Annual reports Company records Journals, magazines,
5. LIMITATIONS Inadequate time for the officers and workers to explain each and every process and activities of the company As the company is a private concern it is difficult for them to share their financial as well as exporting and importing details due to the reasons of confidentiality Its very much difficult to draw the attention of the staff as they are very much busy with their works and hence difficult to clear some doubts.
6. INDUSTRY PROFILE India accounts for more than two-thirds of the world production of coir and coir products. Kerala is the home of Indian coir industry Indian coir industry is an important cottage industry contributing significantly to the economics of the major coconut growing stated and union territories
7. COMPANY PROFILE Karan group has recognised as the indisputable industry Backed with more than 100 years of experience in the coir industry who are the largest producers of coir mats, matting, and rugs. The Karan group has its headquarter in alleppy with 8 manufacturing and 6 warehousing facilities spread over the state of Kerala and Tamilnadu. It has 5% market share in domestic market and 30% share in export market
8. Cntnd…LOCATION OF THE COMPANY The Alleppey company and its registration office is located in alleppey town and near shavakotta bridge. In addition to this company the Karan group occupies the following companies: 1 Kerala balers[pvt] ltd, A.S.Road ,alleppey 688007 2 William good acre and sons ltd, XVIII 1146, south wadai canal road, alleppey 688007
9. DEPARTMENT ANALYSISThe following are the departments profiles in the alleppey company H. R department Purchase department I T department Stores department Maintenance department Finance department Production department Sample department Marketing department Security department
10. H R DEPARTMENT Vital in evary organisation It’s the duty of the firm to develop their skills and motivate themFUNCTIONS Man power planning Recruitment Training and development Reduce absentisum
11. PURCHASE DEPARTMENT To carry out the production function very smoothly To maintain the stock inorder to avoid the delay in productionFUNCTIONS identify ventors Issue of purchase orders Coordinate with production departmnet
12. I T DEPARTMENT company is fully computerised All transactions are recorded Develop ERP programms FUNCTIONS Storing data Concept planning Assist department in applying technology to meet their needs
13. STORES DEPARTMENT It functions as a part of purchase department Finds the surplus and shortage of stock Acc to the instruction of stores department purchase department make ordersFUNCTIONS Store raw materials Check the quality of the raw materials Stores finished products
14. MAINTENACE DEPARTMENT workers under this department checks the working of machineries in frequent intervals Normally once in a month
15. FINANCE DEPARTMENT FUNCTIONS Financial analysis Preparation of financial statements Planning and controlling
16. PRODUCTION DEPARTMENT Converting input into finished output Production based on ordersFUNCTIONS Production planning according to the time and order quality Production of mat Packing
17. SAMPLE DEPARTMENTFUNCTIONS Check the faults Receive samples request from buyers through marketing department Develop own samples with fashion and trends with the coordination of designers
18. MARKETING DEPARTMENT Identifying and meeting the human and social needs Maintain a better customer-supplier relationshipFUNCTIONS Develop new market policies Achieving and sustaining customer satisfaction Conducting market researchs
19. SECURITY DEPARTMENT Well established security departments It is safe guarding companies functions as wholeFUNCTIONS Responsible for safety and security of all the properties Documentation works at main gate shall be kept in order to maintain properly
20. SWOT ANALYSIS
21. STRENGTH Goodwill of the company Customer satisfaction Quality products Fully computerized in all departments Has 100% export oriented units Maintains a good relationship along employer and employees
22. WEAKNESS There is no measure to recycle the wastage properly Since the manufacturing units are placed longer, transportation and loading charge will be incurred Dues in the time of transportation No Proper rest rooms and canteen facilities are available.
23. OPPURTUNITY Availability of raw materials Company has enough facility for future expansion Opportunity for establishing offices in various parts of the country in order to get more customers easily
24. THREATS High competiton trade union inventions Changes in the government policy Environmental problems Increase in the price of packing materials Increase in the transportation cost
25. FINDINGS The company uses most new apparatus for extracting yarn and for other operations. Company is having very strong H R department The company maintains a very good recruitment policy so as to ensure that best man power has been integrated both in administrative as well as operative level. Good work commitment from both management as well as employees. Excellent focus on quality and accuracy. High level of communication and cooperation between departments.
26. SUGGESTIONS It is better to have a good local market Proper treatment of waste materials in order to avoid spreading of diseases and thereby become a socially responsible organisation. The company should try to conduct exhibition. It will attract the foreign and local customers The company is containing more employees than the actual needed