- 409 views
Training Within Industry (TWI) is an integral part of Lean to reinforce the practice of Standard Work. Standardized work eliminates waste and provides a baseline for process improvement. ...
Training Within Industry (TWI) is an integral part of Lean to reinforce the practice of Standard Work. Standardized work eliminates waste and provides a baseline for process improvement.
The TWI Job Instruction program teaches supervisors how to quickly train employees to do a job correctly, safely, and conscientiously. This tried and tested methodology is based on the 4-Step Method of Job Instruction and utilizes tools such as the Job Breakdown Sheet and Training Timetable.
Companies that have implemented TWI have reported improvements of 25% and more in increased production, reduced training time, reduced scrap and reduced labor-hours.
1. Conduct training based on the 4-Step Method of Job Instruction
2. Apply the Job Breakdown process to define the important steps, key points and reasons used
3. Utilize a Time Table for Training to identify, prioritize and schedule the training necessary for productivity improvement
1. Introduction to Job Instruction
2. Role of Supervisors in Lean Transformation
3. Five Needs of Good Supervisors
4. Workforce Instruction – Two Ineffective Methods
5. Four Steps of Job Instruction
6. Four Steps to Get Ready
7. Job Breakdown – Important Steps, Key Points & Reasons
8. Training Timetables
9. Special Instruction Problems (and how to handle them)
10. Standard Work & Problem Solving
11. How to Implement Job Instruction
This training presentation comes with the Job Breakdown Sheet (Word format) and the Training Timetable (Word format).
TO DOWNLOAD THIS COMPLETE TRAINING PRESENTATION, PLEASE VISIT:
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views