I should add that the slides are available under a Creative Commons licence (although this may not apply to embedded images). In addition a Creative Commons licence is granted to the presentation of this talk as well as the resources themselves.
1. Brian Kelly & Marieke Guy UKOLN University of Bath Bath, UK Welcome to the Institutional Web Management Workshop 2011 UKOLN is supported by: This work is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 licence (but note caveat) Acceptable Use Policy Recording this talk, taking photos, discussing the content using Twitter, blogs, etc. is permitted providing distractions to others is minimised. http://iwmw.ukoln.ac.uk/iwmw2011/talks/welcome/ Twitter: http://twitter.com/briankelly/ http://twitter.com/mariekeguy/ Email: [email_address] [email_address] Blogs: http://ukwebfocus.wordpress.com/ http://remoteworker.wordpress.com/ Twitter: #iwmw11 #p0
2. Thanks to Our Sponsors <ul><li>TerminalFour : sponsors of badges & lanyards </li></ul>Statistics into Decisions : sponsors of free places Navopia : sponsors of free places Collaborate : sponsors of video streaming service
3. You are free to: copy, share, adapt or re-mix; photograph, film or broadcast; blog, live-blog or post video of this presentation provided that: You attribute the work to its author and respect the rights and licences associated with its components. Idea from Cameron Neylon Slide Concept by Cameron Neylon, who has waived all copyright and related or neighbouring rights. This slide only CCZero . Social Media Icons adapted with permission from originals by Christopher Ross. Original images are available under GPL at: http://www.thisismyurl.com/free-downloads/15-free-speech-bubble-icons-for-popular-websites
4. This year’s theme ….
5. Responding to change
6. We discussed concerns but …
7. “ The Axeman cometh!”
8. We now need to …
9. We now need to Respond to Change We now need to … Respond to Change
10. Technical developments
13. Demonstrate our value
14. Respond to competition and privatisation
15. Where the customer is king
16. What is the future?
17. The End of the Community? http://www.flickr.com/photos/milesbanbery/2695356356/
18. You Are Not Alone! <ul><li>Frintr mosaic of my Twitter community </li></ul>
19. You Do Not Live in a Vacuum! <ul><li>Visualisation of the communities I have interacted with on Twitter </li></ul>Acknowledgement to Tony Hirst (@psychemedia) for producing this visualisation
21. <ul><li>The mobile Webv </li></ul>Mobile Web http://www.flickr.com/photos/plantronicsgermany/ 4540851506/in/faves-36330829924@N01/
22. <ul><li>The mobile Webv </li></ul>Mobile Web http://www.flickr.com/photos/plantronicsgermany/ 4540851506/in/faves-36330829924@N01/ #shhmooze Use Shhmooze geo-location event app to meet new people, contact event organisers, etc. iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad only at present but other platforms to be supported soon “ Help, four of us trapped outside building! ”
23. Building the Mobile Web <ul><li>How are we building Mobile Web? </li></ul><ul><li>Recent UKOLN/CETIS survey highlighted diversity of approaches. </li></ul><ul><li>Report to be published shortly. </li></ul>How is your institutional website(s) delivered to mobile devices?