Early History of Latin America Test
Please answer the following questions. Once answered to the best of your knowledge, click the submit button.
First and Last Name *
Class Period *
Where was the Aztec civilization located? *
Which conquistador is responsible for destroying the Aztec civilization? *
In which present-day country could you find the Incan empire? *
Which conquistador is responsible for conquering and killing Atahualpa? *
How did a small band of conquistadors defeat the large and well established empires of the Aztec and Inca? *
• They had horses and guns.
• They carried diseases the Native Americans weren’t immune to.
• They kidnapped and killed their leaders.
• All of the above.
Which empire did Francisco Pizarro conquer?
How did the Columbian Exchange FIRST impact native populations in Latin America? *
• . Native American populations flourished because of European investment.
• Diseases such as small pox and measles killed many natives.
• Goods were moved on shipping routes across the Pacific.
• Ethnic groups blended peacefully.
Part of the Columbian Exchange between Europe and the Americas included the *
• Introduction of mass production and factory buildings to the Americas.
• Movement of goods on shipping routes across the Pacific.
• Introduction of new crops to Europe and the Americas.
• Movement of many indigenous Americans to Europe.
European colonists forced indigenous Americans to work on plantations and in mines. When they started dying, who took their place in mines and in the fields? *
• slaves from Africa
• settlers that came from Europe
• peasants from Spain and Portugal
• indigenous people of Australia
What was the Triangular Trade? *
• A zone in which there are no limits on trade
• The exchange of ideas, diseases, crops, and animals between the Old World and the New World
• The trade route that included Africa, Europe, and the Caribbean; the major trade goods being slaves and sugar
• The trade route through Europe, Southwest Asia, and China, which included the Silk Road
One impact of the African Slave Trade included *
• Africans brought their French and English languages to Latin America.
• Further blending of ethnic groups in Latin America.
• More opportunities for Americans to own land.
• Less shipping between continents
"Agriculture changed; new diseases spread to indigenous peoples; the horse was introduced..." What do all of these things describe?
• African slave trade
• Columbian Exchange
• Spanish conquest of the Aztecs.
• Portuguese conquest of the Inca.
What is a long-term effect of colonization of Latin America by Spain and Portugal?
• Most Latin Americans continue to speak their native languages.
• There are not many people of Spanish or Portuguese descent in Latin America.
• Many Latin Americans moved to Spain and Portugal.
• Most Latin Americans speak Spanish or Portuguese.
The religion practiced and languages spoken throughout much of Latin America are similar because the people were
• From the same indigenous people.
• From the same country in Asia.
• Colonized by the same countries.
• One independent nation.
Which two countries had the greatest impact on the religion of Latin America?
• Spain and Peru
• Spain and Portugal
• Spain and Englan