• TWITTER• Created my own Twitter account almost two years ago, Twitter is the latest craze in the social networking world you can update your twitter from Android phone, Computer and Ipad which means you can stay in contact pretty much wherever you are. I used twitter in this instance to follow the foals lead singer Yannis Phillipakias and to tweet about the foals in how they stay in contact with fans. I also use twitter in spare time to communicate with friends and follow people of interest.
• BLOG Blogs are useful to gain new ideas and gain influence and research from others as well as to influence and show others what you personally are doing. I looked at key blogs to research music videos and the guidelines needed to create a good product
• PREZI Prezi is a great new form of technology which is slightly like Powerpoint but where you can include in your presentation Youtube videos embedded onto the actual presentation. I used prezi to analyse 3 different types of music video and is a user friendly tool. I have also found prezi so useful I use it in nearly every presentation i do.
• MYSPACE A traditional platform for music bands and fans. It allows the public to view your page and you are able to upload songs, photos and videos onto a myspace page. Myspace has been a place where bands have gone from unsigned, unheard of bands and become overnight sensations launching a full music career. I used myspace to keep up to date on any news on Foals, by checking regularly their Myspace page.
• YOUTUBE I have used YouTube for research and for inviting feedback on your own video work. Claremont has its own TouTube channel where anyone can view the work done by students. It is also a hugely important visual platform and the main place to view music videos. It has been key for me to be able to reaserch hundreds of music videos gaining inspiration and an insight into what makes a successful music video. Bands understand the importance of gaining notice though youtube and despite it being a free service to the public use this as a premoter for new singles and albulms to buy, some music videos from bands gaining millions and millions of views on youtube.
• DAGADOP Is a branch of youtube which encourages the making of playlists, where easily and quickly the user is allowed to make playlists of bands and songs or youtube clips they like so that they can watch all of their favorite videos without interuption. I used Dagadop to make a playlist of foals songs
• FACEBOOK, Is a key place for bands to appeal to their demographic, Facebook is one of the largest social networking sites in the world so offers huge exposure for bands through this quantity of potential viewers, Bands create competitions, photos, videos and release new information of the band through the medium of Facebook. I ues facebook to arrange with the charictors in my music video the information needed for them to be in a certain place at a certain time. I also follow Foals on Facebook
• SOUNDCLOUD Is a place for musicians and bands to put up their new songs and sounds they have greated, has generally been an place amature musicians to put up their sounds and gain exposure but now bigger bands are starting to use this medium and upload new songs for the public to hear. Soundcloud is great for descovering new music, bands and songs and was the origin of where I found the song I now use Spanish Sahara - Foals Mount Kimbie Remix. So soundcloud was vital for me in my music video creation
• MOBILE PHONE• My Blackberry is key around planning events, organising my actors in the film and listening to the song, i have the song on my media section of my phone which we used when filming so my main actor could keep in time with the song using the speakers built into the phone. This was key so that when i put my filming into the editing stages the lip synching was right with the song length.
• FLICKR - Tumblr A place to share photos of the band where band members and fans can interact visually.
• EVERNOTE A collaborative technology for note-making that provides a platform for recording thoughts and work in progress. Each member of the group can then see each others work and collaborate in the joint platform using mobiles and computers.
• MOBILE PHONE I used my mobile phone to arrange meeting times with the people acting in my film, i used the map application on my phone to track and plan where i was filming and i also used my phone as a storage device to transfer files from my project from one computer to the other.
• IPAD• My IPAD allowed me to plan by using note taking software on the go. Also with its functions such as weather and maps I could effectively plan when filming or photographing to gain the best result.
• DIGITAL CAMERA, TAPE RECORDER I used a Nikon-D3100-Dslr to film my media project, I also used this camera to take photos for both my digipack, magazine cover and still shots that I used in my film.
• Adobe Premiere Pro. I used Adobe Premiere Pro to edit my music video it allows you to create a sequence and also cut up sections of editing and layer works over one an other.• ADOBE PHOTOSHOP I have used photoshop in every peice of print work that I have done. For instance i used Photoshop to cut out fonts and then layer them on top of other background images.•