Factors Influencing Palestinian
Women’s Economic Engagement
• Political instability
• Legal and regulatory environment
• Business licensing and registration procedures
• Lack of Business Development Centers for Women
• Limited Access to Finance opportunities.
• Limited Access to information on marketing and
• Cultural and traditional barriers.
• No representation of business women in the public-Private
Membership based None Profit
the role of businesswomen in the Palestinian economy
BWF Strategic Direction
SG 1: Supporting the establishment and growth of women owned SMEs and
SG 2: Building capacities and skills of women entrepreneurs to manage an enterprise
SG 3: Advocating the value of women entrepreneurs in the Palestinian economy.
SG 4: Strengthening the organizational capacity of the BWF
Members with the Power to Influence
3 out 100
2 out of 50
Business Development Center for Women
BDC primarily aims to enable businesswomen and
female entrepreneurs to develop their
businesses and build up their competitive
Services of BDC
Legal services and advice
Technical assistance such as
consulting services, coaching and
Services of BDC
Access to credit information and
A) linkages to credit institutions,
B) Market research and information,
Management training and technical
Increasing of Beneficiaries
Date 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013
0 10 54 80 90
Capacity Building of Women SME’s
• 18 Paid Private Consultancy =$ 58450
• 130 counseling sessions were held.
• 500hours were spent on B2B counseling sessions.
• 10entrepreneurs were matched with Google mentorship Program.
• 60 BDC beneficiaries were connected with other trainings conducted by BWF
• 5women in traditional Palestinian Embroidery fashion and jewelry were matched
with a designer over video conference from London.
• 40tailored training workshops were conducted , 1100women have
• 18 SME were supported with Promotional material for their businesses.
• 18 SME’s formally registered
• 15 SME’s started
• 70 SME’s developed
• 22 SME’s have increased their sales by 20%
• Social Impact
• %60 of the members have enhanced their
leadership skills Improved
• Better financial status and income.
• Topics of trainings for beneficiaries are built
according to a needs assessment mapping BDC
beneficiaries, through contracting experienced
• More explosion to multimedia and social media
means was conducted to grab the attention of
• More opportunities of the representation of BWF are
given to all members and staff according to specialty,
and not only exclusive for founding members.
Where to find us?
Al-Fare’ Bldg, 2nd Fl. Al-Baluu’ – Palestine