Chief Operation Officer
• Develop & continuously update a rolling 5 year business plan which is designed to
achieve overall business goals & deliverables as specified by the Board of Directors
• Mobilize, leverage and synergies resources required to implement & execute the
• Implement and maintain a performance management system which ensures
transparent goal setting, prioritization & monitoring for both company & individual
goals / objectives
• Oversight and coordination of all the operational functions of the company, ensuring
timely & effective cross-functional communication, problem solving and decision
• Day to day management of functional teams, including manpower planning, policy
development & procedural compliance
• Networking & relationship building with strategic partners and suppliers / vendors
• Improve productivity and efficiency through process re-engineering, distribution cycle
time reduction and multi-schilling or cross-training of staff
• Foster a continuous improvement ethos which ensures identification of improvement
opportunities relating to existing systems, processes, quality standards & costs
• Lead culture building and talent management in order to establish the company as an
employer of choice’ in the market – this would belong with the HR person in terms of
a job deliverable
• Ensure effective company branding, build process capabilities and deliver so as to
develop a profitable business – this is very much a PR / Marketing deliverable?
• Select and implement a suitable ERP system for the organization
• Establish core business systems, processes and SOP’s
• Oversee Admin and HR functions , and guide both departments
1. At least 8-10 years relevant work experience, 5 years of which should have been in
an operations division of international finance / Banking/ organization.
2. Educated to degree standard (any specialist master , in business, finance ,business
3. Good communication & interpersonal skills.
4. Versatile, and able to work well under pressure.
5. Confident, assertive and well organized
6. Proven track record in managing all departmental operations effectively and
7. Exposure to MIS Reporting & proficiency in MS Office.
8. Sound knowledge of ERP, systems and processes.
9. Must have excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
10. Ambitious, ‘self-starter’ and highly motivated
Age- 35-40years An attractive salary will be offered, commensurate with a Middle East