5. What to do with Backlinks
• Understand what media links you have
• Share those pages to help increase their value.
• Ask to have “nofollow” links changed to “follow.”
• Some sites use follow-links in the author bio.
• See what media links your competitors have
• Start your media target list.
• If there is something missing from your link profile
• Go back and ask for the link!
• If they don’t link out, do you even want to pitch them?
● Find updated lists of
top media outlets
magazines) by country
● Find media contacts in a
specific field or location
● Free but have to
upgrade for contact info
● Find journalists on
Twitter by beat, media
outlet and region