Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
Actionable Tips to Increase Your Website Authority - Lily Ray
If you or your authors lack
expertise, collaborate with real
experts, or have them review or
contribute to your content.
Use their names throughout this
process, and link to the relevant
places they are mentioned online.
● Jumplinks for easy navigation/UX, especially on mobile
● Nice aesthetic and easy to read
● Author and medical reviewer listed with links to their bios
● Evidence-based label with additional context on what that means
● The content is neutral and cites all sources
● Shows disclaimers & both sides of the story,
● In-line clickable citations to sources with additional
context & fact-checking
Use Structured Data
to Support E-A-T
Using Schema to Support E-A-T
Some Examples (many more where this came from):
Get your brand and
your experts in the
● Get in the Knowledge Graph (read Jason Barnard’s SEJ article)
● Claim your Knowledge Panel
● Use structured data to disambiguate your entities
● Use Knowledge Graph API search to monitor your “relevance
score” (Carl Hendy tool)
● Use your Knowledge Graph URL and other places you are
mentioned in SameAs Schema
Google is Paying Attention to Who The
Include More Information in
Your About & Author Pages
Don’t know what
information to include
about your authors?
Check out the available properties for
Google helped create them.
How do you want your
brand to be remembered
during this time?
Your brand has a
unique opportunity to
improve its authority
(and reputation) in
light of coronavirus.
● COVID-19 Schema
● COVID-19 announcement on GMB
● COVID-19 FAQ page (plus FAQ
● Google Merchant Center is free!
● Telehealth link on Google My Business
● Pivot your business strategy to
support the new reality
● Waive/reduce fees
● Donate to charity